Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

OK, looking for a sanity check:

I'm in the situation of being a contractor and having the company I actually work for wanting to bring me in as an internal. I haven't' disclosed anything salarywise, but they literally have the contract that shows how much WORKPLACE is paying CONTRACTINGFIRM for my services, so they have a decent idea of what I make. The offer is to do the same job I currently am, but with a couple of exceptions:

Salaried vs Hourly, with oncall time as well as OT
I'd be going essentially oncall 52 weeks a year, currently switching off so 26 weeks
I'll be traveling a few weeks a year, and those weeks are very busy

WORKPLACE came over with an offer that is salarywise 2k above what I grossed on my w2 last year, with better vacation, worse sick time, better 401k match % but a 5 year vesting scheme on it, and I'm trying to figure out what to counter with. I can see on my paystubs how much of my total pay with CONTRACTINGFIRM is coming from the 26 weeks of oncall, and it amounts to ~15% of my current pay. Given the extended oncall, travel would it be crazy of me to request OFFER+19%?

WORKPLACE offer includes a 10% bonus goal, but I don't know how I should factor that in, if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

Keep in mind I am currently an FTE for contractingfirm, with (eh, decent?) insurance/bennies/pay. I would like to stick around here long term, its just a strange thought for an IT worker to not jump every couple years so the slow vesting makes me a bit more nervous.

EDIT - fuckit, just asked for my higher end of the range, worst case they'll say no and I'm back where I started.

Altimeter fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 27, 2014

• Locked thread