Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
intervoid
Nov 1, 2004
Two things:

First -- thank you thread. You've helped me get an almost 70% increase in my salary over the past two years! One thing I've learned in negotiations with companies employing software engineers is that Paid Time Off is really easy to get more of. I almost always ask for double what they're offering.

Second -- This is semi-related to negotiating, but does anyone have experience dealing with intellectual property agreements? I'm negotiating with a company that has some really broad wording saying essentially anything I ever create or have created on or off company time that may be related to current or future "work products" they own. I'd like to re-word this so I can still safely work on side projects outside of work that may turn a profit. I just started looking over this part of the paperwork for starting this job, so I haven't brought anything up to the company yet. Pointers there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread