Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
The Selena Gomez game has got to be a joke... right? It was made to be a joke. Please don't tell me otherwise. And the eye laser game. I mean, I get all the other lovely dress ups stemming from a stereotypical understanding of girls by idiots, but those two games could not have been made to taken at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Octolady posted:

I don't know if I've just become desensitized to it, but the ridiculousness of a characters sexy costume doesn't normally bother me, within reason. In Soul Calibur I usually picked Tira, with her medieval lingerie outfit and underboob, but I could never bring myself to play Ivy, for example. The thing that always gets me though is when a game tries to justify having a stupid outfit on a girl by using crap like "it's comfortable" or "not restrictive". Like dude I'm pretty sure most girls wear loose pants or at least shorts when they need to be active and comfortable, not a tiny tight miniskirt where you need to worry about not flashing your panties every 5 seconds. Might be just me but I feel like you usually see this happening when a female character is supposed to be TOTALLY STRONG AND AWESOME so needs justification for why she fights in a thong bikini.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's kinda funny, when you see that they want to mollify some of the complaints about the character's outfits but didn't go far enough to make an excuse that makes sense.

Really, what gets about the "sexy" outfits they stuff women in games is that no one would dress like that, even when trying to be sexy. Not just the comfort or practicality angle (people have been dressing uncomfortably in the name of fashion since fashion existed) but it's... ugly. At least to a heterosexual female's eyes.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I was kinda wondering how long it'd take before we saw a game that was just "gently caress it, just rip off of bejeweled."

EDIT: Wait, that's not Bejeweled. What well known casual game is that programming game ripping off of? I feel like I should know it...

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 27, 2014

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

The dress up part's appeal is fully understandable, but I have no idea why a girl would want the personal hygiene section. I mean, I guess I get why it's there, since these gamemakers are all about further the terrible societal standards set on women because it sells, but who would enjoy playing it? Wouldn't you rather just skip to the dress up part? I suppose the personal hygiene sections make it more like a game, but it just makes it a lovely game. And a lovely dress up.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Kissing games are sort of an interesting facet of the bizarre, mixed up, and hosed up messages teenage and younger girls get about their sexuality. I always say that the group of people with the most hosed up sense of sexuality are teenage girls. Teen girls hosed up sexuality pretty much explains the popularity of that Teen Franchise That Must Not Be Named.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Season 1 of Korra is great. It also has an awesome rear end-kicking older lady, something you rarely see. And while the love triangle is a bit tiresome, it's probably one of the best example of a love triangle you'll see in kid and teenage targeted shows. (For one, it's got very little cattiness, and the girls quite notably do not fight one another over the boy.)

Season 2 is awful though.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I love when these things don't automatically remove anything.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Holy poo poo why didn't I try out that Manga Creator thing earlier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

It's ACTION GIRL, who has the power of ACTION!!!!

And I think she can talk to fish?

• Locked thread