Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I've spent the past couple of days catching up with this thread and I'm slightly disappointed that Mitt Romney Dress-Up wasn't the very last thing I watched.

Are we still discussing how some of these games teach lovely lessons to young kids? Because I never liked the makeover games even as a little girl... but I'm pretty sure that's because I thought femininity was inherently inferior and all that fun poo poo. It got to the point where, in my teenage years, I got frustrated about the fact that guys didn't want to date me - I was just like them, I didn't like all those boring, girly things like shopping and make-up! Then I sighed and told myself, "Of course, it's because I don't have big boobs."

No joke.

I held a whole lot of other harmful views that took me years to grow out of. Maybe it would be nice if there were Girl Games out there that countered things like that.

... I'm still a sucker for dress-up games and customisation in actual videogames, though. And I hate wearing make-up? But I think that's more of a matter of personal comfort nowadays.

Anyway, this thread is great, keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Mario's eyebrows only reminded me of this.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Hedera Helix posted:

You'll notice that all of the sites featured have at least one Baby Hazel game. She's everywhere. :tinfoil:

Worse yet, Baby Hazel is now following me in my Google Play Store recommendations. :negative:

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I was going to express some sadness at the fact that this thread is reaching its end, but after Reverse Makeover, I'm not sure what to say anymore. :stonk:

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Thanks for this thread, DVac. Thanks for the sole blue tear on that beautiful doll, too.

• Locked thread