Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS

Jenner posted:

I'm glad Monster High is trying to be forward but I look at it as someone who's semi-artsy and all I see is how disproportionately thin these girls are and how every last one of them is drawn the exact same way just with different hair/clothes/accessories.

Maybe asking for a unique look for each character is too much because Animation Costs but feh at that unrealistic thinness.

It's less 'animation costs' and more 'we want all clothes and accessories to fit on all dolls.' Kind of like how all 12" G.I.Joe figures (for boys!!) have the same body so their clothes and accessories are universal. This particular problem is not a gender one-- it's just a consideration of the toy making process. As nice as it'd be for different body types to be included in a set, it would be a lot less fun (and stifling, in its own way) If the fat girl had to wear the fat girl clothes and the tall boy had to wear the tall boy clothes, you know?

The thing to pick on in toy production is the sculpt of the master body...

As a 33 year old straight female who has been a severe tomboy her entire life (seriously, I dress not unlike a butch lesbian). I've never felt much pressure to conform to beauty standards. This, I'm sure, is thanks to extremely supportive parents who just wanted me to experience all life had to offer and to follow my dreams no matter where they took me. I didn't even get much pressure in school... Though I'm not sure if that was because the pressure didn't exist where I grew up (rural Maine) or if I was just not keyed to perceive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
I liked this thread better when it was about video games, not my little pony and avatar

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Playing the new South Park Stick of Truth game, there's... this! (skip to 3:40... the commentary blows, but it was the only video I could find)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAITYDfTvpE

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
~~~~~~~~~~~~Every kid's dream~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let us Learn How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray
For Step by Step Guide for How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray"

http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/excalibur-dehydrator-tray/1581

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
As a tattoo artist myself, I was delighted to learn that a tattoo can be applied using only the needle and tube assembly...

This is great to know, because a good tattoo machine runs upwards of $5-600 and I can save a TON of money by not using one!

(here's how the needle and tube attach to a tattoo machine in the real world)

I know, a girl game getting something wrong? Say it ain't so!

• Locked thread