Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Out of curiosity, I tried playing the Hollywood Beauty Secrets game to see if you could get the cool meter up all the way.

So far my experimentation has indicated that you can't. You always fail.

Edit: Okay it seems like you can win the 'movie set' scenario but the red carpet always boos you off the stage...

Amidiri fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The way that domestic abuse seems to be played for laughs in Boyfriend Trainer reminds me of what must be the worst episode of Family Guy, "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q," which presents Quagmire's sister Brenda in an abusive relationship with her fiance. Now I know what you're thinking. Family Guy taking on domestic abuse? Surely it's going to make a big joke out of it! NO! For the vast majority of the episode, the scenes of abuse are played straight. Like, it's so serious that it's literally uncomfortable to watch. It plays it so seriously that when it turns around and makes an unrelated joke right after a dramatic and emotional speech, it feels even more wrong than if they had made a joke out of the abuse. And does the episode end with Brenda getting out of the abusive relationship by herself? Of course not! It takes Quagmire, Peter, and Joe literally taking things into their own hands and murdering the abuser because of course she can't stand up for herself. Jesus, that episode makes me angry.

Family Guy once had a joke that had Peter saying 'I haven't seen acting this bad since the last time I was in court'. It then flashed to a young woman testifying in court about having been raped and had Peter interrupt her testimony shout 'BOO, GET TO THE SEX' halfway through.

Basically Family Guy is hideous garbage and let's never speak about it again.

EDIT: Back to girl games though, it's weird that so many of the dressup games include the 'facial' stage-- where you just click on things one after the other until the game allows you to get to the actual part where you can customize things. I know those were the first games and we've kind of moved past them now, but it's bizarre to me on a level that goes beyond 'wow look at this gender stereotyping' and into... 'did ANYONE think this is fun' territory. Dressing things up and making dolls is fun! Clicking on things in order to accomplish nothing...? That's a little weird.

Amidiri fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 3, 2014

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

The truth comes out - France: The Original Anime lovers.

You joke, but the French are really into anime.

• Locked thread