Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
3D U is the best Nintendo console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I'm an asexual who rarely if ever objectifies women and I still found Devious Vacuum's recitation in the penultimate episode incredibly enlightening and valuable. Sure, it's not news to anyone that women are treated like objects on a daily basis, but presenting that fact and the psychology behind it in an stark and unsexy manner draws to attention how much of a problem this normal occurrence is and shows that it can be corrected, at least on a personal level in those who are made aware of it in just this sort of manner. Homophobia, racism, and misogyny are all the result of ignorance, and even the most severe sufferer of any of these things will learn that just because their beliefs are the most widely accepted in this place and time, they aren't right and they hurt people who are almost identical to them except in ways that they have blown way out of proportion in their minds, most of whom they'd actually like if they weren't so biased against them. It's just a matter of understanding and basic human empathy that can be instilled in anyone, and I don't think anyone here on the Something Awful Let's Play forum is too far gone that they can't be set on the right track with regard to their attitudes towards women and others unlike them, nor is anyone here so flawlessly enlightened that they can't stand to give serious critical thought to these subjects with regard to themselves and maybe think of ways they can improve their attitudes and those of others.

I strongly feel DVac's message is very useful and it has been inspiring to see it expressed here and now.

• Locked thread