Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueFlowerRedSky
Jun 2, 2011
I was just about to watch the last three videos, but before that, I wanted to mention that this thread inspired me to make my own "girl game" ... in Twine. It's super-long (with the exception of one particular route) and probably only tangentially-related to the themes of the thread, but I finally finished it, and decided that I would link it here: ♥ Magical Makeover ♥

If you're in the mood for reading thousands of words of pink-text nonsense, then holy poo poo is this the Twine game for you!

Thanks for a great thread, by the way, D Vac. I used to like those Candybar Doll Makers when I was kid, so I can understand the appeal of dress-up games (even though a lot of the Flash ones offer an absurdly minimal array of options), but the nose-cleaning, dentistry, and surgery games are incomprehensible to me. I guess children are supposed to like things that are gross? And also body horror? One could try to argue that they're educational, but they're so divorced from actual medical procedures that the argument really doesn't hold water.

The eye-game was the worst for me :gonk:

BlueFlowerRedSky fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueFlowerRedSky
Jun 2, 2011
Thanks! That last video was something else :eek:

The reverse makeover (now that I've seen it) and the liposuction game were both gross, and definitely more offensive than any of the surgery ones, but for some reason I still had the most visceral reaction to that eye game. Ugh. Who was that made for?

BlueFlowerRedSky
Jun 2, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

That was fun.

I briefly became a plant person and freed a dragon.

Edit: I tried it again, got to the place with the golden cassowary and the fairy lock, but it won't progress.

Oh no, what broke? :(

It worked before I uploaded it, but I'll check it out.

Edit: The passage was linking to itself.(I guess I messed something up when I was re-formatting things?) I fixed it and re-uploaded the .html file here. You can get past the lock and get to Ending #3 now, but I'll want to check again to make sure that all of the other endings work.

Edit2: Looks like all seven endings are accessible now! I noticed another typo that I made, but whatever. I changed the link in my earlier post to go to the fixed version, too.

BlueFlowerRedSky fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 19, 2014

• Locked thread