Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I just remembered something. There was a game my 7th grade history teacher let us play that was basically a dress up game, but actually not terrible. We were learning about Rome so we had to dress up a little virtual gladiator. Depending on what he wore and what weapons he had, he could defeat different opponents and after defeating three opponents you won. I just think it's interesting that a game with the same mechanics of a "dress up for your date" game was actually empowering and even a bit educational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Zoe posted:

I've been looking forward to having the chance to binge through it forever now, you just made me sad. :(

Just watch the episodes Beginnings Part 1 and 2 because they are amazing and beautiful. There's a sassy carrot man too! :3:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I was checking for girl games on the Android App store and...

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Can I request someone stream or record Speed Dating 2? I'd do it myself but my laptop is on the fritz. But it is a good game that teaches you the ways of love.

Edit:
Seduce all the boyz

Edit 2:
And you have to google the boyz before each date. This owns.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 6, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

What young girl doesn't dream of raising Hector Hammond's babies?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I unironically played the Sonic one when I was younger. I'm just posting this to let you know that you shouldn't be my friend.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Did one of Pregnant Teen's shirts say "I MISS YOU?" :smith: That's the saddest girl game.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

Ahahahaahhahahaha holy poo poo what is this. This game is exactly what would happen if Mega Man got Girl Games power.

Begs the question, which girl game did megaman kill to get its power?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

chocolatekake posted:

The Digimon's name is Burgamon. It is the coolest.
Burgamon is the best digimon because when they grow up they become this:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

They let you make her thin, give her weird giant cheek scars, then dress her up? Did she walk into the surgeon's office, slap down a picture of Heath Ledger's Joker and say "I'll have that?"

I like that one make up game though. It's fairly realistic, nonsexualized, and you're not doing it for anyone else. Dress up games aren't inherently bad: I love character customization and have seen them tweaked into actual fun games. It's a real shame that 95% of them are junk garbage that can be downright harmful to their intended audience.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh, I looked at the plastic surgery game again and you're preforming surgery on a fat Luanne from King of the Hill and I love that.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Panzer Skank has been doing some mobile games so that inspired me to find some of my own. So I decided to look up girl games for the Google Playstore and, well...

As a good boy, I love nothing more than a bad girl. Uh, there's a lot going on here so let me explain: This is the sixth installment to the Bad Girl series, titled Double Date. I have no idea why it says PROM NIGHT. There are no proms to be had in this game. Also, I don't think they really know what a double date is because it looks more like some polygamous love rhombus. Oh,we can also chat to beautiful women if they wanted.

Here's our lovely protagonist. While we don't know her name, we do know she likes to dress in clown makeup in her spare time, talks in ALL CAPS, has been in a horrible accident and had all her ribs as well as a few internal organs removed, and can chat to beautiful women if she wants to.

So we have our plot. Our unnamed bestfriend wants us to go on a blind, double date with her. Our character reminisces about a time she went on another blind double date and it turned out there were no boys. She drops the subject so we have to use our imaginations :pervert:. She also mentions there being a hot boy in her class that she'd rather date so we're given a choice.

But this is the double date game so we have to go on a double date, right? Also, we can get our filthy carpet cleaned at a reasonable price!

WE HAD A JOLLY GOOD TIME! :D Our date is the brunette while our friend is dating the one blonde off screen. We mention that he's hotter but our boy is cute too. Our friend asks us if we want to dance with her and her boi but that would mean ditching our date, who didn't want to dance. On one hand, ditching your date is rude as heck, but...

So we were given a choice, stay or go. Even though this is Bad Girls, I'm playing the paragon bath so I decided to stick by my man. We got talking found out that we had a lot in common. He gets cheeky with us and asks us if we want to leave, so we proudly announce that we are DTF.

Taking him home means we're instantly kissing a half naked boy with oblong nipples. Unfortunately, our parents come home so he has to go.

So, should we try and date the cute boy from class or steal our friend's date OR would you like to see another game I found CAMPUS LIFE?

Also, this is my first attempt at any kind of screenshot semi-LP thing so I don't now if I did okay or not. :ohdear:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

azren posted:

Considering the "quality" material you had to work with, I'd say you did great.

Also, that game looks like it sucked pretty hard. Hope you didn't have to pay for it.

Thanks. It was free, which is why they included those ads.

But yeah, Six of Spades was right. They really decided to make everyone seem older. You look like adults and you go to a club and talk about "getting turned on" in another timeline but you're supposedly a high schooler and all you do is kiss.

Edit: oh, if you weren't clear, we literally went from "WE HAVE SIMILAR INTERESTS" to "want to get out of here?" with one click. We move faaaast.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 4, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Alright, I tried playing other installments in the series (which are less... innocent than this one) and I was overjoyed that you can get your perfect goon boyfriend:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Here's the renegade path where we decide to date a hot boy from school instead of going on a blind date.

Great. We pissed off our friend and I need more testosterone! The ads in this game make me think it was actually targeted to adult men, which is insane because what kind of weird creepy man would be playing th-- oh. :smith:

Anyway, we go to school in our tiny, neon green Luanne Platter shirt. Being the titular Bad Girl, we pass notes to him in class. After exchanging notes for, what, 40 minutes, he invites us to go clubbing. We don't get a choice here, the game just assumes you want to go out with him.

Choosing not to go on a double date has put us on the linear path to smoochtown. I mean, there's a lack of gameplay outside of clicking "Continue" but I guess we're getting what we want.

Our buddy interrupts us to tell us that we're smooching on the boy she was going to date. Now there is no way we could have known that. He refused to date our friend unless it was a double date but dated us instantly. But it doesn't matter, we lost our friend and the boy, somehow. If only we could go back and fix this...

Okay, in this timeline, we decided to go on the double date, ditch our date and dance. And, of course, you can't dance in a videogame without doing a rhythm game!

It says we need 30,000 points but a programmer messed up and we actually need 300, which is three clicks. I tried playing it in other installments and it takes FOREVER to complete, so I guess I should be grateful.

Our character still has this frightening, bizarre anatomy. She reminds me more of the monster from Splice than an actual human. (I'm sorry about the "copied to clipboard" thing. I was taking screenshots pretty rapidly to capture the worst pose she has)

Anyway, by dancing next to this boy, we are able see into his soul and discern that he is a puckish rogue. His date decides she needs water so we're left alone with him for maybe 45 seconds so...

He forcefully makes out with us and puts us in a very submissive role the moment we're alone. Oh, that daring rogue. He then asks if we want to date him one and one later. This is bizarre so we decide to check with our best friend to see if it's okay to start dating her boy in the middle off their own date.

Predictably, that didn't go so well.

The next day she immediately changes her mind without prompting. And, now that we got the go ahead, we called up Unnamed Blonde Boy.

Yay! We won and got to see a slightly different shirtless boy! More importantly, it means I can play a different horrible game.

haplesscardsharp posted:

He is way too skinny to be a goon. Maybe that's just the picture he uses for his dating profile.

Fake Edit: "Looks aren't everything" says the girl who uses the word hot way too loving much.

Don't be silly, he sent us a message on a dating site with no photos.

(I would show off this game in its entirety but it gets weird and sexual)

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 4, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so glad you all liked my screen shot mini-LP of Bad Girls. :3: I just found a new, bizarre boyfriend simulator. I won't spoil anything but, in Girl Game tradition, it does let you slap the poo poo out of your boyfriend for no reason.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Welcome to My Virtual Boyfriend! For all the people who want companionship but don't want to talk to people... goons should be able to relate. It claims to have 100s of procedurally generated boys for the taking, so let's see who we get.

First of all this game has mad resolution problems. It gave me a tiny, tiny area to fill in my name. I decided to fill it with Butts because I'm 13 irl.

It asked us about our personality and I just kind of adjusted them randomly. Except for femininity and wealth. I wanted those to be fives because this is the girl games thread... and also who would choose to be poor.

We can also choose our appearance. I have no idea what bearing this has on how much virtual boys like us.

Here's us finally customizing our virtual boy's personality. I decided to make him a reckless bad boy and set masculinity to full because MEN NEED MORE TESTOSTERONE.

Love is blind. :colbert: (But something tells me they're all going to be fit and handsome regardless)

Here's our first option:
King
Type: Nice Guy
Dislikes: War, Wastefulness
He's very feminine and healthy but also poor and reckless.

He's a self described "nice guy" and calls himself King. No thank you.

Christopher
Type: Metrosexyal
Dislikes: Smoking, Yellow Teeth
He's very feminine and healthy AND naughty but not sexy.

Derek
Type: Metrosexyal
Dislikes: Smoking, Grunge
He's very feminine and healthy but also not naughty nor sexy.

Look at that hair. Look at it. Every lock is loving modeled in 3D. I was almost going to choose him until...

Ace
Type: Alphamale
Dislikes: 2nd Place, Clowns
He's a stud muffin.

Yes, yessss. I can not resists this Alphamale's charm.

And this is pretty much the end of the game. We can poke him, slap him, talk to him, and buy him things... but why would we. We have our virtual boyfriend and he will never outwardly disapprove of us no matter what we do. Well... that last part isn't completely accurate. He isn't happy if we give him Vampire elixir and then inject him with the z-virus.

Edit: oh, apparently you CAN make them break up with you if you just repeatedly insult them.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 5, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

SirArthurIV posted:

Please tell me you can make them wear a tubetop and daisy dukes.

No, but you can make them wear speedos and something called a "stripper costume."

Like I said, apparently you can have them break up with you if you insult them enough... but you can slap them and knock them around and they'll just smile.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh, I was seeing the other types of guys. We've got Nice Guys, Alpha Males, Geeks, Metrosexuals, and Urban. My potential "urban" boyfriend likes tupac, dislikes "the po po" and was named Duke.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Ahahaha, I was just getting bad jokes so I just thought that's all Virtual Boyfriends could say. How wrong I was.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Pokemon dress up is a very appropriate way to celebrate Ash Wednesday.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

I don't know any girl-centric superhero shows, but I think the teen titans cartoon/anime was pretty neutral. Raven and Starfire kicked rear end, and Bumblebee became the leader of a second branch.

Edit: on second thought, Ravens birthday arc was pretty suggestive, wasn't it? It's been a long time.

Yeah, the Teen Titans cartoons are pretty good. In fact most DCAU stuff is decent at gender portrayal. Super Best Friends Forever is very girl friendly. But I genuinely can't think of any actual comic book that's girl centric and that would be appropriate for little girls.

Comic books are really bad at feminism. :(

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Inspired by D-Vac and Sweet and Awful doing everything they could to neglect a child to death, I decided to look for babysitting games. I found one titled Perpetually Precious 2. I mean, that sounds like it's maybe a dead baby simulator, but it's so much more!

Here is our baby, Baby. He was born with incredibly long thumbs but I'm hoping he'll just grow into them. While thinking about how to finance some grandparents, I hit the big top button, which I later realized was a moon.

:stonk: What's wrong with his faaaaace? His eyes are way too small for his eye sockets and I think they might fall out.

Bastard is devious as heck.

Okay, a bottled appeared on screen so I just handed it to Baby. Then I started talking it away before he had any to drink, which caused a new bottle to appear. I forced Baby to drink from the new bottle instead.

Why am I telling you this? Well it glitched out and now Baby has a bottle permanently stuck in his hand.

Oh, also you can customize your rectangle footed baby. I decided my Baby would suffer from Blue Baby Syndrome because I'm terrible.

Gawh!

I tried everything and I can't get this baby to do anything else. Perpetually Precious 2 has an update planned to give your baby stats and a crib... but my hopes aren't high considering the creator admitted he only made Perpetually Precious 2 because he couldn't figure out how to update Perpetually Precious 1.

Edit: The description to another game by this guy reads "Alex Lovecraft was just an Emo kid in the fictional Petri-Dish Canada. He's made at his dad, his phone was stolen and Kurt Cobain is dead!

A year ago he saved the world...
This is his mundane post adventure through the world of Chinchirorin!"

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 7, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

So you aren't going to upload it?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I was looking through potential girl games in the Google Playstore, but they are all so samey and boring. Luckily, I found a few that speak to me.

This speaks to me. Welcome to Celebrity Baby Salon, where we can raise Baby Lady Gaga, Baby Bieber, Baby Avril Lavigne, Baby Person I Don't Recognize, or...

Baby Michael Jackson. I, uh, yeah. I'm going with Beiber because I think recent news stories have proven that he needed better parental guidance.

We start by standing over his bed and staring at him until he wakes up. We can tickle him with a feather, ring his alarm clock, or play with that weird remote to wake him up.

Do you think baby Beiber is giant or that all his furniture is tiny? I like to believe the answer is somewhere in the middle.

We need to drive Babby Beibs to his numerous appointments! Driving in this game is broken so you have no choice but to drive in a straight line no matter how you turn the wheel.

Much like myself, Justin's clothes are stored in a totally different building miles away from the one he sleeps in.

I just created my perfect Baby Justin and slapped him on a magazine. Apparently blue cheetah print parts are what's hot now.

Now it's time to feed Baby B. His lunch consists of cupcakes, coffee (which you can't serve black because he's a wuss) and tea. I'm very jealous of this virtual child.

Okay, now the day is winding down and we have to give him a bath. Much like my bathroom, there's no light except a single spotlight. Oh, there's also no way to get him clean. I tried everything and he will just not get clean. Baby Beibs is going to bed dirty, I guess.

And we end the day by injecting our baby with unknown fluids. Cool! He head looks longer here than other places... maybe that's why we're injecting him? Oh well, the game ends here.

Oh, but there's another game I took I liking to.

Remember about how Shrek was all about changing yourself on the outside to be more appealing to others? The makers of this gem do! Also the resolution isn't great so there are black bars on the side.

To play this game, we customize both Shrek and Fiona. I'm only going to show off Shrek because you're doing the same thing twice and he's the real star here.

Shrek's developed some kind of terrible dirt rash on is skin but he seems kinda smug about it.

Luckily, we can get rid of the dirt on his face by smearing mud all over it. That's how it works right?

Shrek still has a lot of nasty pimples on him, but we can somehow fix this by delicately rubbing orange onto his face.

Now we fix the bags under his eyes by rubbing not one, but two blue gradients on him. This game has a lot of surprising twists and turns! Also, for Fiona, the first blue treatment covers her entire face, has flowers mixed in, and takes 12 hours. That's extreme beauty treatment that is Girls Only.

Look at Shrek's pleading eyes. He's smiling but he does not want to become a beautiful man. But he doesn't have a choice. I'm trimming his monobrow.

Finally we have to dress Shrek up for his wedding. We could send him out like this but I have plans.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Crigit posted:

Now hang on a minute. We all know that trolls consider pimples and blemishes to be marks of beauty, so why do we have a game where you make Shrek ugly by troll standards, for his wedding of all things? Terrible, just cruel. Yet another example of cultural insensitivity in video games.

Because he's an ogre, not a troll. :colbert:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Bacchante posted:

... So, I really ought to contribute something to this thread. How about some Polly Pocket Flash Games, DeVac?

You have already contributed a lot to the thread with your discussion. :)

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Yeah I play DCUO because I'm the worst and every day I change how my little man dresses because it's fun. But there are other things to do and I'm not forced to dress differently make members of the opposite sex like me.

Though the game has a slew of other problems, like the same armor will be bulky on a man but tight or revealing on a woman.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I like that in the office game you can see your boss just hiding among your clothes. I guess they couldn't be bothered to do multiple backgrounds. Also I laughed really hard at idea of Dress Up My Delicious Pop being a dad dress up game.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I understand that there's always going to be a market for little kids who want to be doctors, but why does it have to be so grizzly?

Edit: vvv then why aren't I cool?

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 17, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I love how psyched Dora was to have her nostrils enlarged.

Brinty posted:

That Hairdressing game seems designed for exactly one thing.

Yessss.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Look, Barbie is dating a dementor whose kisses drain heat from her very core and I don't think we should judge her for it.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh hey, you made me Google Brian Peppers and it turns out he's from my hometown. Represent!

On topic, I'm getting a puppy tomorrow so I'm going to show off some puppy themes girl games soon to commemorate the event.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Yeah, the word "princess" is a complicated subject. In our culture at least, it can be empowering for little girls but it's always associated with frilly pinkness. So it's totally understandable that you wouldn't want to call your big, serious game Princess Whatever. So even though it's understandable, it carries on the stereotype.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

gegi posted:

Xena: Warrior Princess.

It does have that association in general but there have been counterexamples. Even Disney Princesses aren't that frilly and pink anymore.

Good point. I guess we have made progress with princesses becoming less of a fragile damsel in a tower.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

As if there is any difference...

Wait, no! :blush:

Seriously though, have there been any games where you can pick or make really plus-sized characters? I know Saints Row 2 allows you to veer away from the industry standard shape. Anything else?

The Dark Soul games let you be fat and I've been playing The Old Republic recently because I am a gross nerd and the body types are slender, normal (muscular with great build), muscular (loving ripped), and fat (boulder human hybrid). It's a rarer body type option in games but it's not unheard of.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

heenato posted:

For the males or also for female characters? Because what I remember from TOR was that the largest female body type was just a normal human body weight, while the others were insanely small. Things like that are just as bad. It just says "It's okay for a GUY to be overweight, but not a woman! NOPE!"

I haven't made a female character and just assumed. You could be, and probably are, right now that I think about it. :saddowns:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Girl games have taught me that I cannot compete with other girls. If any other girl is nearby, I cannot win a man.

If you don't have big perky eyes, boys won't ever fall for your lazers.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

This was an amazing thread, D Vac! I'm also psyched my named was in the credits. That video is the best thing my forum name will ever be attached to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Icecream Jane posted:

I've been trying to catch up on the thread, and I just got to the plus size dress up video; as a plus size girl myself, I am just confirming that all my accessories are food themed. You would not believe how hard it is to find food themed stuff!

Seriously though, this is a great thread.

I bet you spent hours trying to cone up with a junk food-based username. Such is the plight of the plus sized girl. :smith:

• Locked thread