Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

Amidiri posted:

Out of curiosity, I tried playing the Hollywood Beauty Secrets game to see if you could get the cool meter up all the way.

So far my experimentation has indicated that you can't. You always fail.

Edit: Okay it seems like you can win the 'movie set' scenario but the red carpet always boos you off the stage...

I did it for all three. It's not hard at all. It's just a matter of picking everything until the meter goes up (or you find something that doesn't make it go down.)

Makeup confuses me and I managed to make the doll conform to Hollywood's standards of beauty as dictated by a half assed Flash game.

Also, if you're going to look about girl games, I think it sort of behooves you to look about Purple Moon and its library of games. Apparently, 4 years of market research determined that little girls 9 to 12 living in the 90s liked visual novels with very little plot deviation.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
I managed to get the copies of the Purple Moon games that I have to run. So next Saturday (the 22nd) at around 2 or 3 PM PST, I'm gonna do a stream of Rockett's New School. If that goes well, I'll do ones for the other 7 games that I have. I really do think these games are worth looking into if you're going to talk about girl games, and they certainly had way more thought put into them than all of the dress-up/creepy fetishy-looking dentist/child-rearing stuff that's been in the thread so far.

Edit: Link to the stream channel.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 16, 2014

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Just a reminder that I'm doing a stream of the first Purple Moon game, Rockett's New School, tomorrow (or today, either way it's the 22nd) at 2:30 PM PST My stream page is here. I don't know how well the decision making bit is going to work with the 30 second stream delay Twitch seems to have, but I'm gonna try anyway.

Edit: Make that 3 PM Got to fix an audio issue.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 22, 2014

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
And of course, the issue takes longer than that to fix. If anyone's still around and interested, the stream is up. I'll start in about 15.

• Locked thread