Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dress-up is not just for girls. I know of a series of dress up games for guys called Armored Core.

As for girly games, there's Dangerous High School Girls In Trouble - http://www.mousechief.com/dhsg/
A board-game-style detective story, in which boyfriends are obtained with a little bit of flirt, and then discarded as single-use damage shields, when that hag a year older delivers a particularly sick burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Captain_duck posted:

What is the first game that was marketed towards girls (barbie C64 1984 perhaps?)
Maybe there was something in the early days of interactive fiction? When did Roberta Williams start unleashing her demons?
Speaking of, the two Laura Bow games are quite girly. The second one even has cheesy love subplot, and I notice that detective stories are generally popular among the female audience.

Captain_duck posted:

What is the first dress-up game?
Hard to answer, considering that physical dress-up (with dolls) existed for ages prior. It's like looking at wargames, and ending up with major concepts dating back to Kriegspiel from 1812.

Any brave souls willing to tackle all of Nancy Drew?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 18, 2014

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Because you see I need to be able to mismatch my pauldrons because there is a reason my character would do that, I can't attend the emperor's cousin's wedding wearing matching greaves and no pantaloons underneath.
Pantaloons underneath is too restrictive, I want to wear them on the outside.
Oh, and we need an option to add embroidery to the gear in those RPGs, to keep a kill tally, or to stitch in quest reminders, because the automatic journals are poo poo.
I want to be able to look at the underpants in my house and go nostalgic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3Y7acYBnk

We need the freedom of Way of the Samurai 2 & 3, and money making options of the Magic Candle, Darklands and Steambot Chronicles to give the player a good non-murderous cash flow.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I forgot, whether it was asked... Will you LP one of the earliest gender-aimed games - Alter Ego: Female? The Male and Female variants had different events (I suspect, the girl version has different ones regarding the discovery of sex and/or balding) and even different writing styles.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Six Of Spades posted:

That eye surgery game reminded me of why after Trauma Centre 1, the organs of patients became a lot more abstract and unrealistically coloured.
Virtual Surgeon: Open Heart, a sort of sequel to Life & Death 1 and 2, mixed in photos here and there, and that's a game where you spend most of the time either staring at the heart amidst an open ribcage, or diagnosing Mr. Chesthair Manboobs. The 90s were awesome.
I prefer L&D2, though. It has "ripping off a skin flap off the patients skull with your bare hands and holding it up with seel hooks" as a standard start for the surgery.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

M'llllllladies
Bah! Imagine this coming at you in the street!

I really like the way the medal turned out.

Are all of those game absolute poo poo with sprite order? The hats are the only things that draw over the animals.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Senerio posted:

In lieu of a stream, I thought I'd make something. The Holiday manga page maker doesn't have a caption thing, but I made do.

What shape are they trying to make with their fingers? Turnip?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

In other news, I've ran into an image morphing tool, which is called plastic surgery simulator by its developers.
http://www.plastic-surgery-simulator.com/
Check out the examples they have on their main page, especially the last three.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

Like, either somebody in the handheld division pissed of someone in the marketing division, or Sony is trying to pull a Springtime for Hitler.
After a few years of using PSN store I'm positive, Sony deliberately hires idiots, whenever it can.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Makrond posted:

On a related note, is it bad that I thought these games telling young girls that they have to spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetic products in order to be accepted members of society would at least give makeup options that you'd see in the real world?
High-school girls are the market for garrish makeup.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Did you notice, that you can pile up every hair option onto that one head, and give each piece its own colour?

What's up with that background?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

this fish flies posted:

Super Mega Action Girl! Look at how Action she is! Wow.
Rowan Atkinson wore blue tights better.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

On the subject of dressup, I just discovered that in Everybody's Tennis (aka Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip) you can unlock a Helghast trooper from Killzone series as a playable character, and then proceed to dress him up. Well, as much as you can dress anyone up there. Put him in a dress, or a panda costume, or a white suit, change hair from helmet to pink afro, add a ribbon, or a rose... The only things that stay are the voice, the movements and the mask on the face. Even if you put a clown's nose on it. I wish, I could do the same to enemies in shooters.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Does the moon button actually simulate mooning the baby?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

chocolatekake posted:

Tiny Bang Story
It's a poorly disguised hidden object game, and not a particularly good one.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Layers and sprite rotation are awesome.

But the choice of pants could be better.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

That puppy looked so high, it probably thought it was rolling in poo poo as you were dressing it up.

Is Planet Horse a girl game?

quote:

When I first looked at it I thought oh well but when i Saw it again it looked even more fun.

I find the cover faces strangely terrifying.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

100Dachshunds posted:

Let us Learn How to Draw a Dehydrator Tray
An Excalibur Dehydrator Tray. :hist101:

In the section Shading Exercises they have one "How to Draw a Manga".

The only image, that shows any skill put into it there, is a landscape in the watercolours section.
http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/how-to-draw-a-scenery---water-color-painting/100

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Does Rose & Camellia count as a girl game? It's flash, it has an all-girl cast, and lots of slapping.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Gah! I can't look at your eraser. Get a kneaded one.

I didn't expect a POV LP. We need more of reverse facecam.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

HANDSHAMER!

WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER FOR YOU PEOPLE!
You've been busted by the art police!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Was Curvy Hilda from SH3 a victim of dressup?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

Are we still talking about gender-egalitarian costuming or just what y'all personally enjoyed playing?
As if there is any difference...

Wait, no! :blush:

Seriously though, have there been any games where you can pick or make really plus-sized characters? I know Saints Row 2 allows you to veer away from the industry standard shape. Anything else?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

This LP needs more singing :allears:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Why do I get the feeling, that all jobs will work the same way...

Anyway, engineer, because there's an orange Shy Guy hiding at the bottom of the picture. Maybe we'll get to pull turnip.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Clothes engineer, huh? If you select the author job, do you have to write about the benefits of wearing clothes?
This City Girl For Rent game seems to have a one track mind.

Stick to the goggles lady jobs.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Are these pictures animated in the game? Is she stroking the microscope?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Aithon posted:

...scraping the very bottom...
What are the odds of there being a girl game about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

sunsweet posted:

I never wanted to look so deeply inside of a nostril but then I did anyway.
Girl Games: The Line
"And when they break, we will be like sisters. Having stared down nostrils... and flinched..."

• Locked thread