Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Are you going to get around to Gears of War? That was pretty much the quintessential "girl game" for consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

SelenicMartian posted:

Any brave souls willing to tackle all of Nancy Drew?

I've only played one of them, but it wasn't bad at all. It was just a basic adventure game, really. Two of the girls you can call are really chatty about boys, but other than that it's a pretty straight-forward young adult mystery game.

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Let's play some girl games* based on girl movies**! First up, it's the John Hughes classic***:

Join Mr Swoon, Syrg and I as we find love and gas lamps in Pretty In Pink.

*[I think these are marketed to girls?]
**[Well, movies that have young women in leading roles.]
***[It was just ok.]

Edit: The audio may cut off at the end? The sound is supposed to continue to play after the video ends because of magic. I'll try to fix it.

Charkie fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 11, 2014

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

Mr. Swoon and Syrg rejoin me for some more licensed girl games with Mean Girls. It's...not abysmal? Wait, really?

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE

Eggn0g posted:

I have to wonder if the programmer got an order from higher-up to make a snail game or if it was their own decision.

That game HAD to have been pitched, right? At some point in time there was a conversation where some guy said "Ok, new game idea: dress up a snail" and another guy said "ok."

Also, the game came out four months before Turbo, so I'm not even sure if it was trying to ride the snail hype train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charkie
Jan 28, 2004

I AM THE WORLD'S
GREATEST DETECTIVE
Hey kids.

Wanna learn how to draw a house that eats people?

Wanna learn how to draw Powerpuff Girls slash fiction?

Wanna learn how to draw Pikachu?

WANNA LEARN HOW TO DRAW PIKACHU?

• Locked thread