Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Holy cow I wanna participate in this so bad. Need a girl game...

edit: ^^ VIDEO DAMES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

Knowing as much as I do about marketing, these games are slowly ebbing away at my soul. Each of these games had at least a week's worth of research and planning, and a ton of effort going into it conceptually. It's actually pretty disgusting.

Whoa whoa, please make a post about this!

I'd love to try and make some videos for this, can I ask how you're capturing the game footage? Is it just a screen capture that you've cropped in the video editor or what?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Dr Scoofles posted:

I play hidden objects games on my tablet in the evenings, they are super relaxing. I'm 31 so defiantly the target audience for these things. Anyway, look up Big Fish Hidden Object Games in the App Store, they distribute games from a whole host of developers and the first few hours of each game is free to play so if you like it you can unlock the rest. It's a really nice and free way to test drive the genre to see if you like it.

As for recommendations, it's really down to personal taste but I recently played one called Lake House that was pretty neat. 13th Skull is fun, it's got ghost pirates in it, and if you're playing on the PC then try the Ravenhurst series. Since they are free to try just download a bunch and play whatever ones grab you, that's what I do.

Yeah there was a period of a few years where I played a bunch of those hidden object ones. I was gonna suggest Ravenhearst and Big Fish games but the good doctor just did!

They're pretty much perfect for tablets though, and casual 20-minute play sessions, so they're well into the mobile market.

Hmm, I played one on my Android I liked a good bit but I can't remember the name right now. I'll have to look at my Play store history. You're trying to un-haunt an old hotel and house. There's hidden object puzzles but there's also some point-and-clicky type stuff, and it got to be several hours long. Pretty typical of the medium.

• Locked thread