Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
You need a BMW K75. Best.motorcycle.EVUH!

No seriously, they're loving nice. you should buy mine. I mean buy "one."

edit:Standard riding position your thing? They are standards in ways only over-educated anal-retentive German engineers can get, if the motorcycle detects you slouching the fuel pump will fail as punishment.
Smooth sewing machine-esque motor, so smooth in fact you often doubt it is actually running.
Exhaust that both "baahhhmmms!" and "burbles".

They handle really loving weird to make your life exciting.
They constantly pull to the left to make your life even more exciting, or due to like.. loving physics and their silly engine that fires its pistons parallel to the ground.

But you want quirky Italian like properties too? K75 does that! Front forks are a 41mm? gently caress you, they are a 40 mm or maybe a 41 mm? How about neither? No, I'm loving serious, the motherfucking motorcycle loves to go motherfucking left. Why? I think it's what passes for humor in Germany. Did I mention the engine is loving unbelievably smooth?

I'm pretty sure Poland was left from Germany and it's like ... some sort of cultural thing.
The bike will break down a lot, it will probably be the fuel pump, introducing further doubt in your mind for whether or not the motor is running.

gently caress KLR650s.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Incursus posted:

Next to the 990 SuperDuke, the Speed Triple is my favorite bike. Hell, I'd even buy a Street Triple if I wasn't 6'5" and 250+ pounds. I would definitely look at that Triumph, but that is just my opinion.

Also, isn't the FZ-8 just a ripoff of the Triples? Seems to be that way but I havn't really looked at them much. All my friends that went to the dealer show raved about them, I'm unconvinced.

From what I've read on the Yamaha the engine is very very good. The suspension and brakes are "meh."

Thing costs like 2 grand less than a Striple. So ... it had that going for it.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you think the Bonneville is underpowered and slow don't even think about a Guzzi V7.

I can't figure out what the hell this thread is supposed to be, is it CA's version of the Car Game or something?

Something I can contribute!!

I did a test ride on a V7 last year before I bought my Striple. The V7 could be the most boring motorcycle I've ever ridden. It's light and does everything adequate, but utterly and completely soulless and horrible to ride from a "I do this poo poo for fun" perspective.

For comparison: My old KLR650 (which I hate more than anything on this earth) was a factor of one hundred times more interesting.

The V7 has no power band (shut the gently caress up about 50 HP, My KLR had like 35) worth playing with, has no particular handling or braking characteristics worth mentioning. It's pretty quiet but it does sound like a V-Twin, which some people seem to get freedom boners over. Beyond looks it just isn't interesting. It's the motorcycle equivalent of one of those pretty girls that think they don't have to be interesting because daddy bought them fake tits for their 18th birthday.

loving pretty bike though.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Nitrox posted:

Also got to sit on a Street Tripple, it feels weightless and fragile by comparison. But definitely not something I'd want to ride for more than an hour.

Striples are light and light is good.

Longest time in the Saddle I've spent on mine is 12 hours. I went from Las Vegas NM to Dallas TX via loving Roswell and Midland because my father is a huge rear end in a top hat and thought that was just funny as hell.

Admittedly 12 hours in the seat isn't a lot of fun, it's really not that bad. I had a 2008 KLR650 at one point (gently caress those things right in their stupid indestructible ear) and I'd say the Striple is roughly 1,000,000 times more comfortable for long rides. I think my K75 is better than the Striple, and I spent a good many hours riding an oilhead GS through NM a few years back and they're also super comfy. For as little wind protection as the Striple has, and as thin as its seat is, it's loving awesome.

So yeah, don't count it out, they handle nice, they run good, comfortable enough, good machines.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Nitrox posted:

and looks like a tuner and better air filter could net ~10hp over stock ~40. Should be good enough.

Pretty machine.

Kind of seems optimistic to get 25% power increase from an air filter, but hey, I don't know jackall about Shadows, so maybe they're awesome like that.

Seriously great looking rig you grabbed. Remember: rubber side down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
...wait a second. Does your motorcycle have a loving cup-holder?

• Locked thread