Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wendigee posted:

I want fast acceleration and be able to cruise comfortably at 75mph.
In my opinion no naked bike is comfortable at 75mph. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It's not the bike, it's you. If you've gotten used to 75+mph wind on your upper body, good for you, but that's like getting comfortable with underwear 2 sizes too small. It's not really comfortable, you're just putting up with it. If you wanna cruise at high speed, get a windshield.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They feel like old BMWs. Kinda heavy, very smooth, comfortable. That's gentlemanly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

clutchpuck posted:

A Sportster 1200 is a solid bike that will do 75 without trouble. Many available, parts are easy to get, 45deg vtwin is objectively the best config.
You are objectively wrong. 90 degree v-twin is the best engine.

• Locked thread