Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice Sweet Meat posted:

To the guy that posted all the HP/Torque stuff: who cares? Motorcycles in this country have gone nuts. Every year the displacements get bigger, and for what? Track days? What if you don't care about that poo poo and don't want a drat car engine on your bike? Maybe it's because we're so fat and our dicks are being subsumed by our gunts so we feel the need to compensate with these monsters. The bonny is a gentlemans bike, if you get it, you will like it. Yeah the acceleration is linear, but that's a good thing. My last bike was a 07 Ninja 500, and the jerky torque got me in trouble more often than not. I was glad when it got totalled.

Look at this happy mother fucker.

it's me

An album of the bike I love: http://imgur.com/a/aLpLN

Exhibit A: British bike in its natural state; being towed somewhere while a grumpy dude smokes about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The higher the displacement on that cylinder, the better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU

Wow they ran it all the way to its 300 rpm redline!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

599's are boring according to everyone I've known who owned then sold one. Honda precision leading straight to complete predictability and boredom. Plus there's the Honda tax on top of all that.

You can sacrifice the boring without sacrificing the reliability with things like the Bandit 1200, zrx, sv, z1k, etc.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The versys has taught me that some p-twins own, I used to universally hate them, but some are done right.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do you beliiiiiieeevvveeeeeee in life after 4's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wendigee posted:

I'd like to add that I am 6 foot and 280.... i was going to buy a scout but I was told it was too small for my fatass.

So I probably sound like a shill at this point, but I'm 6'3" and a bit less than you and the Versys is the most comfortable bike I've ridden, even over the drz and bandit 1200 which are known as good "big dude" bikes.

• Locked thread