Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Honda 919s or 599s fit the bill if you are okay with used. 599s are carbed and were only in North America for '04 and '06. You can find 599s for $2000 to $5000 all day long on craigslist. I've had my '04 since '06 and still love it. 919s were sold in North America for a few more years and are all EFI I believe.

There's the Yamaha FZ-09 for a new standard, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
My 599 fanboy alarm just went off.

Skier posted:

Honda 919s or 599s fit the bill if you are okay with used. 599s are carbed and were only in North America for '04 and '06. You can find 599s for $2000 to $5000 all day long on craigslist. I've had my '04 since '06 and still love it. 919s were sold in North America for a few more years and are all EFI I believe.

There's an '06 599 for sale in the Seattle area for $3,000 right now, hasn't moved in weeks. Can probably get it for $2800.

Solid bikes, fun, aftermarket is shrinking a bit due to small quantities of bikes. Prepare to hunt on ebay if you want things like hard luggage racks or an Ohlins shock. F3 forks apparently swap right in on '04s to get cartridge forks.

• Locked thread