Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Here's a sneak peak of an exciting new event we're adding for ByzHOIV:

The Invasion of OTL United States of America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

we must crush the capitalist patriarchy

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
This is definitely going to end with a skull floating through space.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

farraday posted:

This is definitely going to end with a skull floating through space.

The only caveat is if the skull is red, blue, yellow or some other strange color

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The skull of a Chinese train magnate, flying through space.

That or the Black Emperor.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
We've found a tool on the Paradox forums that helps with making focus trees. We might have one to show the thread in the near future..

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I jokingly made one for the Seljuks, but this tool is very helpful for visualizing what a NF tree looks like. It can't do all the work, but it can take the busywork out of making NF trees.

For example, here I've made a military branch of the Seljuks' tree.

I find this mock-up of an expansionist branch of the tree to be more interesting myself. The Seljuks can ally with three of the factions and get bonuses from them. The red lines mean the foci are mutually exclusive (you can't ally with both the WRE and the RRP)

Further down the tree you can see the end of the expansionist branch - reclaiming the old land of the Seljuks by military conquest is the left path. However, their only land neighbor is Da Qin, so if Da Qin and the Seljuks are in the same faction, the Seljuks can use the right path to appeal to the greater powers of the faction to pressure Da Qin into giving the Seljuks some land.

The dotted lines mean that you only have to take one of the preceding foci in order to take the next one.

I also made a neutral branch, because by then I had gone insane with NF tree making.

And then I made a Chuck Tingle reference.

Bear in mind that we're mostly using it for a visual reference and positioning - we'll then export it to a text file to file in the effects and AI stuff manually. But yeah, this is a big help. Now if only there were an OOB editor.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the Somalian faction called? the TCTP. Transcontinental trade partnership?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I have no idea what the Somalia-China faction is called, so I called it the Transcontinental Trade Pact.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Gay Byzantium will rule the world! :black101:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Sino-Somali Shipping Syndicate

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I have no idea what the Somalia-China faction is called, so I called it the Transcontinental Trade Pact.

In the files it's named WPO but I think Rince said that's just a placeholder?

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
Is it too cheeky if we call them the United Nations?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yes. I'll admit to being tempted to make Ayiti's Pangalist name "United States of Avalon" though. :v

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Keeping this out of the archives by noting that with finals almost done, work will soon resume on Byzmod. Look forwards to us on the team being able to share more progress updates.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
That's some good news.

• Locked thread