Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
I like the basic Chi-Ro, and I would recommend absorbing the Armenian and Crusader (Edessa?) if you can. And in any case, the death of one Seljuk Sultan could spare the lives of many of your soldiers and peasants. Stab him until the Seljuk territories explode in rebellion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
C. Simple, effective, and yet more than just the Chi-Ro.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

Rincewind posted:

Next week, we'll see how the teenage emperor deals with nobles running amok, a Senate with their watches sundials set to AD 117, Western Europe being in the midst of some kind of double pope ecclesiastical meltdown, and the continuing battle for control over the Persian Empire between the Saimids and the surviving Seljuks. For now, though, let's leave him at his wedding, where his Danish wife came with a giant pile of gold and-- hopefully-- a steady hand on the tiller of the ship of state.

Fixed.

But seriously, the Empire seems to be doing fairly well. Even without the German alliance, we seem to be in a fairly good position. I'd recommend slowly chomping up Anatolia and consolidating our position, but if Meletios has the ambitious trait and you're going to roleplay him that way, slow, gradual conquest might not be in the cards.

In any case, I hope Meletios' heir will be better than he is.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

New Byzantines

A, discretion is the better part of valor, and if we can live to fight another day, we can strike the enemy when their back is turned. Besides, retaking Bulgaria would probably be easier and more profitable for the moment.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

As a New Byzantine, I would like to offer condolences to the Imperial family, and raise a toast to Emperor Alexios (may he live long), but would also like to remind the Senate under which faction the Empire's glory has been restored. Was it the nostalgiasts? The zealots? The blasphemers? perhaps even the doux? No! It was the forward-thinkers, we new men of a new Rome who brought you glory! And it was the perfidious doux and their allies in the Senate that slew our glorious Empress.

As such, I propose that a New Byzantine be made the regent of young Emperor Alexios, or at least that the regent follows our guidance.

Additionally, though I do not wish to create such a party/faction myself, I have enjoyed my estates in the Crimea so much that I propose that another Senator form a Crimean-based party with New Byzantine leanings. I would certainly join such a party as the perfect fusion of New Byzantine thinking and borderland ingenuity.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013

Vote for the New Byzantines

My fellow Senators, why change course when we've got a good thing going?

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
Yeah, the Ming events are a bit absurd; as was Chang Yuchun's stats. Perhaps it needs to be depowered by a few thousand troops and a couple of stat points. I hope that you have massive revolts in EU4 for the Ming Frontier Army.

Also, yeah, the house of Yaroslavich probably isn't going to be looked upon with kindness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
##Vote Byzantine, we don't even own Rome. And we're our own creature at this point anyway.

• Locked thread