Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I love the concept of this episode. I'm totally sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, regular Flash-animated Bubs has his mouth move off to the side to "speak," but 3D Bubs' has his mouth rotate around his head. Trippy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they actually do a decent job of making the H*R character designs work in 3D.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, already this looks like it's got a lot more moving parts than the first time out. Can't wait to see what goes on in some of the other countries.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Got a nice long one for you today.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Do any of the puzzle solutions get more drawn out than that? I was pretty surprised to see the way to get Pompomerania into your country was all right there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Do any of the puzzle solutions get more drawn out than that? I was pretty surprised to see the way to get Pompomerania into your country was all right there.

Yes. For example, the next video (which I just tried to record to make a backlog but only the audio survived :shepicide:) involves a puzzle that requires going to a few different areas. I could have been doing the stuff as we've been going along but it would have made absolutely no sense until then.

Also I didn't show off the dialogue for the other two non-glowy drinks because they aren't interesting enough to drag out the video for. I'll show them off in the bonus awesomeness/extras video.

(I'm going to try and re-record the bonus ones for Episode 1 this week, too)

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
This is a good LP and good game. I'm enjoying it very much! Keep it up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Another attempt at recording an Episode 1 bonus video failed. Again. Have a nice long video (nearly 28 minutes! wow!) for Episode 2 that features my favorite character.

EDIT: thanks youtube for cutting off a second from the beginning of this video after OBS already cut off a second as well

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 24, 2014

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I hope you manage to show off Homsar's dialogue variations when you've only put in only some of the Homsartifacts instead of all of them when you get to the extras video. Though it's not super interesting, in retrospect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Daaaaaaah! Listen up, buttercup! PC gaming is the bee's knees!

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Homsar continues to be the best character of the series.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Whiny AND racist? God, Strong Sad, you are the worst cultural advisor known to man.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, but...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh dear. Homestar, assembling a crack militia behind Marzipan's back isn't going to end well for you.

But then, what ever does?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Doing anything behind marzipan's back is sort of like trying to hide behind a flagpole.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ariong posted:

Doing anything behind marzipan's back is sort of like trying to hide behind a flagpole.

Scooby-doo and the gang could do it. Maybe Homestar should take some pointers from them, or maybe a cross-over show/episode?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I don't think Marzipan has a habit of waving a mirror in front of her face all the time, so it probably doesn't matter too much. :v:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So this next video was originally going to be split up into three different videos. And then I recorded it and it turns out each would have been about 8 to 9 minutes each. This episode is not only quicker with getting to the point, it's a lot quicker overall. Also I think this episode has had longer videos.

One more part to go, and then I'll try to do the bonus updates for both Episodes 1 and 2, provided the Dreaded Bonus Video Curse doesn't rear its ugly head again.

If I have to shove them back some more, at least that means we'll get to my favorite episode then!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Wow, a Fark.com reference. I wasn't expecting to have that site brought up (though now that I think about it, they did always link to the new emails).

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So I guess the super scribblenauts LP died again in favor of this?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Pixeltendo posted:

So I guess the super scribblenauts LP died again in favor of this?

I remember reading something like this in the other thread, too! And you posted it there too.

Well, it turns out that I'm digging myself out of my procrastination hole and I am, in fact, working on the next Sup-Scrib-nauts update for release right now! It should be up later today, or tomorrow if I can't get it done by work. I'm sorry I haven't kept both threads up-to-date by posting in them (I would post it in the other thread but it's locked to prevent people who don't read posts from submitting poo poo and also it would be pointless since the update is coming very soon), but if you follow me on Twitter you'll get all the latest news of my LP exploits, or attempts at exploits, anyway. (You'll also get bombarded with tweets about random other poo poo...hmm, maybe don't follow me on twitter.)

Please have faith and don't post something like this (at least, something like this and nothing else in the post of substance) a third time unless a really big delay (less than a month is not a really big delay) happens without warning. Thank you! :)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Might as well stop lurking to say I'm really enjoying this LP. I'm glad you were able to salvage something of the last recordings.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow. Strong Sad's response to "Do you want to die" isn't surprising, but is a bit bleak for something that's fairly kid-friendly.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I am so glad I found this thread. I'm an absolute nutcase for Homestar Runner. Telltale really nailed the release schedule on this game. It was like every 1.5 months after a physics lecture, I'd see that the new episode was ready for download. I started to play the series on Wii, but that system could barely handle all of the...

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Color Printer posted:

One more part to go, and then I'll try to do the bonus updates for both Episodes 1 and 2, provided the Dreaded Bonus Video Curse doesn't rear its ugly head again.

Every time you try to make the bonus videos, does your computer say:
Computer over.
Virus = Very Yes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

That's not a good prize!

Neither is what Strong Bad got, obviously.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

And that's the end of that.

Stay tuned for bonus videos. Hopefully.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nice, looking forward to where they go with this from here.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I like how the KOT's alias is 'Roy' - it's the small puns that work best.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Nice, looking forward to where they go with this from here.

I think this was said at the end of Homestar Ruiner, but the game does just get better with each episode.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
This and and Ep. 4 are my favorites in the series.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Samovar posted:

I like how the KOT's alias is 'Roy' - it's the small puns that work best.

...Huh. I didn't know that. (Also I'm not surprised in the slightest this was at the top of Fun Facts on the Homestar Runner Wiki page for SBtF)

Hopefully I can record one of the episode 1 bonus videos without something going wrong tomorrow. Please.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Color Printer posted:

...Huh. I didn't know that. (Also I'm not surprised in the slightest this was at the top of Fun Facts on the Homestar Runner Wiki page for SBtF)

There's also the whole thing of "Roy" being the first three letters of royal, which is a lot easier to catch if you aren't a huge etymology nerd like Strong Sad!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Roy T. is also a syllable removed from Royalty, which is just subtle enough you won't notice it the first time but it hit me during the reveal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

a cartoon duck posted:

Roy T. is also a syllable removed from Royalty, which is just subtle enough you won't notice it the first time but it hit me during the reveal.
Subtle enough for you not to realize the first time around, obvious enough that when you read "Roy T. Castle Hill" the second time you say to yourself "seriously, how did I not catch that, I mean Castle Hill."

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love that the end credits are a complete version of the protest song, with everybody singing.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I hope this thread isn't dead. I love this game's style!

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I hope this thread isn't dead. I love this game's style!

You can't (no you can't, uhn) handle its style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Sorry about that, my "schedule" got completely and utterly derailed on Memorial Senorial Day weekend and I kinda lost track and got distracted by other things (currently distracted with: FFX). Planning on getting two bonus videos from episode 1 out this week.

• Locked thread