Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I know it's no longer legal there but the scene with his teacher beating him was really strange to see in a modern setting.

Edit: Wow it keeps happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Arkeus posted:

'Health mind in a healthy body' is a whole load of trash in real life, and is even worse in this webtoon where he already has passives that grants him that. If you mean a -smart- mind, that would be INT or WIS.

Your brain is an entirely chemical system; if you're not supplying it with the right supply of essential amino acids/glucose/vitamins then it will not work at peak, and the way in which cortisol/other glucocorticoid stress hormones gently caress with your short and long-term memory means that 'healthy mind in a healthy body' is fairly accurate up to a certain minimum standard of self-care.

Twiddy posted:

This reads a lot more reasonably than "a healthy mind means a healthy body is a load of trash." I am curious to what degree the results diminish from healthy fitness level to olympian level, but there probably aren't enough studies on that (if any).

It's impossible to fully characterize this because we don't even absolutely understand the brain's metabolic needs, but some degree of physical activity is beneficial in that it helps control hormone/monoamine transmission levels which heavily affect your ability to concentrate and focus. Dehydration and malnutrition will also wreck your brain. In general though, I don't think that there's much evidence that anything beyond an hour of moderate exercise a day, lots of water, and a solid diet/vitamin intake will directly benefit your cognition. Sitting on your rear end chugging sodas will gently caress your ability to think clearly though.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 9, 2014

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

EVIR Gibson posted:

He finds how microtransactions work and respecs through that

I wonder how microtransactions work for him. Can it be real money? He already earns real cash from killing mobs. Does he have to pledge 1% of his soul per hat?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

The Evil Thing posted:

I like that France, Germany and Europe are considered separate factions.

That's honestly kind of a clever political jibe. It's true in real life too.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

ActionZero posted:

Gamer's Mind basically locks him in as a sociopath. He'll go "Wow I just killed these guys without thinking about... oh well! Loot!"

It really is just flawlessly high-functioning sociopathy, yes. All the benefits with none of the downsides.