Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

He's achieved Elder Scrolls CHIM. :allears: This manwha rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

~
tgm
~

DO IT JEE-HAN! BECOME THE CHIM!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Hankosha posted:

I wonder if lowering the graphic settings would make the world 8-bit.

I was trying to decide if it'd be funnier if that happened, or if he'd like cause himself to be near/far-sighted, or give himself 20/20 vision at "max" settings. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

rizzen posted:

I am immensely sad we didn't get a shot of the options menu now that we know it exists. Ah well.

There definitely has to be something up re: the soulstones.

Start to worry if he finds a Black soul stone. :unsmigghh:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Rinseh posted:

Micro Transactions

I would laugh so hard if he manages to find a 'Cash shop' option in his menu system. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Captain_duck posted:

He should get a summon spell himself. Thats wizarding 101, get a summon to tank for you and then stay at range.

He needs to figure out how to summon a pet that he can set up in an ID barrier to farm for him while he does other poo poo.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

XboxPants posted:

That translation didn't seem as bad as people were making it out to be. It's not engrish or anything, just a clunky writing and a few grammar errors. I guess I have no way of knowing, but it didn't seem like I was losing any meaning. They seem like they just need a good editor.

Then again I've occasionally read these chapters raw with no idea what is being said, so that probably says something.

ANYWAY, cool chapter. I wonder if there's a reason these guys are walking around wearing silly fantasy gear when none of the other Abyss dudes we've seen so far do that. Maybe they're actually another manifestation of Jee-han's power?

Well the only other abyss folks we've seen are that one friend and his family and the guy in the suit, both of whom seem like they'd prefer to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to themselves. Considering that weapon drop from the previous chapter, I'd imagine the friend's family has access to suits of armor and other magically enchanted clothing and whatnot, but it's just not something that's going to be worn around the clock. Whereas this pair are apparently "hunters" so yeah I'd imagine that being prepared for someone like Jee-han or whatever prey they find outweighs the use of plain clothes to disguise themselves.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Exotria posted:

I wager that his mom's been replaced by a shapeshifter who can't emulate her real level.

Gotta be honest, this was my initial reaction too. I don't think it's actually the case, but I also didn't expect that to get revealed so soon.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

The only thing devs have taken from Korean MMOs is that microtransactions, especially ones involving superficial stuff like costumes and skins, are a sustainable business model. Beyond that, I don't think there's much to take away given how short-lived the lifespan is for your typical korean MMO before the next clone taking place in a different setting is shoveled out, played to like level 20 by the masses and moved on from within a couple of months. RO is the exception not the rule and most of it's staying power is due to private servers with crazy adjusted experience and drop rates to make it less of a grind.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Time dilation means he can further optimize power-leveling his ever-growing party now too! :v:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Honestly I'm just hoping he figures out a way to turn it into bullet time so he can really start breaking the world as we know it. :unsmigghh:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

~
player.modav carryweight 999999
tgm
tcl
~

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Silento posted:

If the mechanics in the story are based on kMMOs, then chances are good that it has exponential scaling on damage stats. Like Ragnarok Online, the Most Korean kMMO of them all. inb4 Jee-han finds some sick hats.

who needs a hat when you have ogre panties? :v:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

When you reach maximum wisdom, you finally see the error of you ways of putting any points into wisdom.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

IS MY JOB GRINDING NOW?!

God this manga is funny. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

No way in hell he has the silent spell feat yet. :colbert:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Can't wait for him to run into some enemies using skills or weapons that bypass the defenses he's set up.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ahaha that last page :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqjyBxv6O8U

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

The GaMer :aaaaa:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Pitfall traps are always funny. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Power-ups through eating your foes is pretty loving cool though.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah considering she just talked about life-stealing magic, I'd be amazed if that wasn't some kind of spell or something with an ulterior motive. Beyond just messing with the kid, because picking on people is always fun.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Well that was mostly indecipherable. I appreciate the translator putting out work quickly but I don't know poo poo about Korean mythology and all of those clan names just start running together when I have no frame of reference to differentiate them.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Jeehan needs to install a custom Announcer pack for when he's owning scrubs

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Assuming there's a need to fix it. Kinda expecting it to be part of a ritual to either power up or summon something badass as gently caress

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They had a bit of a translation error with Jee-Han's flying speed, 62 MP/s works out to 223,200 MP/h. :lol:

Welcome to Jee-Hanpoint Paradox

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

It's not exactly "trapped in a game" but more people should check out "How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword" cause it's basically about some vagrant bum dude accidentally getting himself involved in a hero quest and taking up the quest himself along the way. It's kind of a DQ5 parody and scratches the same sort of itch that these sorts of stories fill.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What about that manga with the cross dimensional heroes who get a message board?
That seemed like a fun read.

Hero Union BSS is really good too, yeah

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Artificer posted:

The loving wizard hero keeps digging himself a deeper hole last I checked on him.

Sage of the Forest (lol)?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Jee-han becomes an insane god monster through creating dungeons :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

alternatively it creates the opportunity for jee han to take his skill set in a different direction and still have the caster role filled