Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

How often does this come out? Are the translators fast? :ohdear:

I like taking the "stuck inside a game" idea and turning it about to "game stuck inside the real world".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Or levels could just go up from experience (in the non game meaning). Sun-Il was getting tiny amounts of experience for killing zombies because even if they're weak he was 'learning' and experiencing it.

Jee-Han just has a system where he himself levels up in a way he knows he levels up - Sun-Il gained levels early in the story (from 23 to 25) via undergoing some 'pretty serious training', nothing to do with the game ability.

Sure that's how it works for everyone else. But when Jee-Han observes someone he translates their skill and knowledge into numbers. Usually that's just for information, but I'd guess that when he actively imposes "game rules" on someone else, e.g. grinding zombies with Sun-Il, he actively alters reality using those game rules. Sun-Il's knowledge and skill would rise by game rules as long as Jee-Han is imposing them on him, but as soon as the "session" ends he'd be back to normal physics again.

Quite likely a Schrödinger's Ability.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Demicol posted:

I don't know, isn't the rule that it's not allowed if has a noticeable effect on the world? Wouldn't teleporting to his room/house for example be allowed?

He can do the famous anime triple-date! Unless someone catches him in the teleportation act, forcing him to cease existence.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Elfgames posted:

Yes i understand that, but what i'm saying is that the spirit barrier nullifies the consequences for doing such miracles (even if they aren't normally possible). So while he's doing the impossible it isn't the same as using a power in the world because the spirit barrier has no consequences for breaking the rules.

Except that he still brought those 500k Won out of the barrier after defeating the boss monster. Certainly that has an influence on the real world, and it was money seemingly created from nothing.
Unless those things are taken from the environment somehow, like the money was somehow assembled from 1W and 5W coins lying around that nobody would otherwise miss.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Just make a Mana Shield at your feet, and jump off of it for a double jump, dummy

Jump on it, jump again and pull it up, repeat until airborne.
Mana-airsurfboard.