Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think my favorite moment in this so far is Sun-Il's face when he gets the party invitation. I guess he understood the existence of the power, but didn't really expect it to really be... What it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dan7el posted:

Why doesn't he just go, "I think I'll learn how to summon an earth elemental? And squeeze his eyes shut and concentrate. Ding. You leaned level 1 Earth Elemental Summoning. Instead of buying books off of eBysmal-Bay?

Well, as we've seen before, it's not quite that easy. He couldn't learn a dodge skill or a teleport by just trying, all he succeeded at was making a fool of himself. He could make Mana Rope because he got the basics of how to mold mana from previous experience, and he was branching off that. For the more out-there abilities, he seems to need something to build off of. I suspect once he gets Summon Earth Elemental he'll be able to mold it more precisely to his needs by training it in specific ways.