Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Also, uh, yeah why did Jee Han even come here, he's kind of useless.

Have you never played an MMORPG? XP Leeching, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

The Missing Link posted:

Do they have an IRS equivalent in Korea because he's going to get audited super hard with a deposit record like that.

One of the earlier chapters, they gloss over this and how basically they do "creative accounting" so that even super large sums can be glossed over; creating a company is one way of dealing with it, having the Abyss deal with it is another iirc.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Air is lava! posted:

Man he has a really positive view of MMORPG sweatshops.

It IS korea after all, and how else can he plug his local gold seller/farmer for a discount without getting too much flak?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
New Chapter's out.

That endurance leveling, haha.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

nimby posted:

So does he have infinite mana or are his golems going to pop?

I think he has really close to it - he mentioned with all his items that he can cast certain spells and "never run out". However, in a real fight, I dont think he's completely had that tested, so it may still take a moment for him to get his mana back.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

If he continued to minmax more and more it'd be better than that, yeah.

Also, new chapter. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/S003---Chapter-048?id=364734

Honestly, the series is much better when he's got a more experienced person tagging along/dragging him along to explain stuff when out of combat. The combat in this series is not good, unfortunately, but the mundane stuff is great usually. I like this goofy-rear end underwater city bit for example.

Looks like another one dropped.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Surprised no one has posted about the recent chapters.

Really getting to the point of relying on specific items/stats, though with such high wisdom, you would think he would start dumping points into luck now that he's seen how powerful that ring is.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Nullsmack posted:

I need a reminder to read it on Fridays, the chapters feel too short these days.

Definitely. A lot of info packed in it every few chapters, but it sometimes feels just a bunch of illustration for exposition than it is reading.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

John_A_Tallon posted:

I wonder how much damage his void shenanigans will have done to the real world? The devastation in the illusory world getting showcased right at the end shows the illusory world took damage on par with being strip mined.

He mentions that he tries to limit the amount of void shenanigans to avoid any RL damage, but it may get handwaved.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

AtomikKrab posted:

You know I like how Jihan goes Really glad poison guy didn't go around melting my inventory while he was in there.

My question is... can he even do that?

Does Jihan understand how his inventory system even work?

Poison dude might not even be able to leave his item slot.

Yeah, except when he describes it became 3 dimensional, they're kinda all lumped together.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

Wasn't there a chapter where he upgraded his inventory using spacial magic to make it more akin to a Dwarf Fortress stockpile, like it's now a physical space where stuff just piles up?

Yeah, that's basically what I said.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-4-ep-113/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=309

It's still handwaved and not talked about yet though.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
https://www.webtoons.com/en/action/the-gamer/season-4-ep-133/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=329

New chapter goes into the inventory a tiny bit more.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Great catch. Still a lot of good content, even with all the terrible engrish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
I nearly forgot about this, it's picking back up on webtoons.