Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh wow, this is surprisingly fun.

Shouldn't he have the +10% INT Bonus displaying along with the other attributes from the Chunbu Spirit Technique?

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious about what Wisdom does (that is different from intelligence, anyway).

I'm willing to bet that you get wise enough to know (and immediately regret) that you shouldn't have put points in Wisdom.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slime posted:

The mention about quests coming from his mom makes me wonder. He can't see her level because it's so high, so there's obviously something special about her. In an MMO, quests come from developers. Maybe she has something to do with the ability?

I think anything that happens is conformed to the molds of an MMO to him. Just like something he made qualified as a new spell, so the universe converted it to a new spell, even though he isn't a developer.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XboxPants posted:

No it doesn't. I don't get your argument. You need more experience to level up at 20 than at 10, but level 20 enemies also give you more experience. So just saying "I can't get by killing enemies 10 levels below me, I have to kill same-level enemies" doesn't mean it takes longer to level by itself. It just means you switch which enemies you're fighting and proceed as normal.

Have you ever seen an MMO? The growth in experience needed is always much higher than the growth in experience given. This is true for almost every RPG, it's amplified in MMORPGs and it's taken to the extreme in Korean MMORPGs. I mean, WoW is just around the corner - it takes you 20 seconds to get to level 2, and like 6 hours to get from level 94 to 95, and that's one of the most casual MMOs in the market.

People playing Ragnarok would take weeks, sometimes months, to get from level 98 to level 99, while killing enemies of the appropriate level. We're talking about 0.1% exp to the next level gained per hour. That's 1000 hours if you don't die. You don't need 1000 hours from level 1 to 2, or even from 10 to 20.

The enemies also tend to get harder. It doesn't matter if you gain 10 health if they gain 20 damage per level, your better gear will not offset it. They're designed to kill you hard if you make a mistake at later levels. And to make matters worse most old-school Korean MMOs had some hardcore penalties for character death. I think in RO you'd lose about 10 hours of grind per death at the higher levels. It's crazy, I don't really get it.

So yea, it's not the same thing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 13, 2014