Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I just read all of this and loving this so far, it's really cool seeing game systems being used like a superpower like this. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
He should get a summon spell himself. Thats wizarding 101, get a summon to tank for you and then stay at range.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
While were waiting for the next chapter, how about we think of a nice subtitle for this thread?

Something like: The gamer: Han Jee-Han is OP, plz nerf

Or do you guys have any better ideas?

EDIT: Alternative:

The gamer: You're such a cheat character!

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 14, 2014

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Chapter 29 is out: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/233809/the-gamer_v1_ch29_by_bap-scans

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Never have i been so excited about reading about a guy ordering something through a website.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Chapter 40 is out: http://mngacow.com/The-Gamer/40/

He didn't use noum :(

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Wow that was a short chapter

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
New chapter: http://www.onemanga.me/the_gamer/55/1/

And he's safe from bullets now, wow

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
New chapter: http://www.onemanga.me/the_gamer/56/1/

Not that much happened, mostly just set up for next week

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
New chapter: http://mangajoy.com/The-Gamer/57/1/

Thought he used way to much mana, but noop.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

John_A_Tallon posted:

Usually the fan translators have a translated copy up within a day of the Korean webcomic being updated on Naver.

And thats usually on thursday the last couple of months.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Man that was a great chapter. Internet in hell, and abusing the party system and voice chat for instantaneous longrange communication. That's actually an amazing ability. I think he only needs to know someones name so he can invite them to the party.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
You guys really should have posted a link for easy reading:

Gamer chapter 79 on kissmanga

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I also just finished through the Slime webnovel translations, that was a pretty fun read. Loving all the skills he gets and stuff. Anything else i should read, other then the gamer & overlord?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Cynic Jester posted:

Depends on what you're looking for. The trapped in a game/transported to a game-like world genre of light and web novels has exploded over the last few years. Not a lot of it is as easily digestible as Slime or The Gamer though and a lot of it gets bogged down in horrible, horrible 'romances' that trainwreck what would otherwise be fun read.

I do love seeing things from the monsters side, as in overlord and slime. Any more like that?

I indeed dont care about romance trainwrecks yeah. No goddamn sword art online or worse yeah

Maybe i should go read up on the log horizon? S2 of the anime wasnt as good but novel might get better again?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Cynic Jester posted:

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? is about a girl reborn as a spider, with a bunch of game jargon. The translation isn't great, but it's readable.

All the other decent monster PoV LNs I can think of are all dropped after only a few chapters of translation.

Reading this now, thanks! Translation isnt great but its better then the chapters translated by guro in slime reincarnatation.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Paracelsus posted:

What translation are people using for slime tensei? The one's I've seen are all nearly unreadable.

I read http://circustranslations.com/chapter-list/

The circus translated chapters are readable enough, especially later in. The ones translated by guro are all horrible, you just have to power through em AFAIK.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I finished reading through the spider reincarnation story and that was really good! I like it even more then the slime reincarnation story. Her travels as a weak lvl1 spider through a huge dungeon are really great to read, and you get a lot of insight into the life of a simple dungeon monster. Also she's not as overpowered as the slime is so she really has to work extremely hard for her levels, adding some real conflict.

So, uh, any more novels where i can get my monster POV fix? :)

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

FriggenJ posted:

Hm, well, its a bit more graphic than the ones you've been reading but Overlord fits the bill fairly well.

Basic synopsis: Dude logs into his favorite game on the last day of its operation and decides to wait until the servers go offline. When the shutdown time counts down to zero he finds that not only has he not logged off but he's actually in his character and all his NPC companions have come to life. He decides to do the rational thing and take over the world he finds himself in.

Overlord is what got me into this whole mess hah, guess i should have mentioned that.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Chapter 98 is out

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Man it's like the author really reads this thread. Everyone talking about he doesn't need physical training anymore, and in comes sporty spice for some sword training

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Chapter 105 is out

He can share his instantly skillbook learning thing!

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's old-style KMMO.
Ragnarok Online is what I get the most vibes from it but it's also one of the few KMMO's I'm most familiar with :v:

Either way, it's set up for him to be broken and insane via those systems.

Yeah its very Ragnarok Online like. And the way to get good in that game is to max out a stat, and then boost it even higher with items. The difference in damage between 100 and 120 STR in that game was humongous.

So yeah keep pumping that INT jee-han.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The gamer is in a levelling arc again, and its pretty good.

Jihan has a golem army now, that can think and autohunt in dungeons

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 18, 2017

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
In the latest episode the gamer Actually outsourced scouting the place, wau. He is getting smarter.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Jee Hans like I should be a necromancer

And he has the stats for it to.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Wow i completely forgot about that part. So the sister can swap into the brothers body, and the sister doesn't wear glasses.

Also the brother could swap into the sisters body, but then just fell asleep, but this was all before the masks ever came into play.

So i think he's sort of fighting both right now? Theres deffo some sort of switcharoo going on. During the battle she wore glasses so that was probably the brother. Anyway so now i'm guessing:

Jee-han is in the sisters body, but is asleep in there
The Brother is in Jee-hans body, but is asleep in there
The Sister is in the Brothers body, and is using mental skills on Jee-han

So Jee-hans friends must find the brothers body, which wasnt at the battle and probably hidden somewhere.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
We full on mobile game now. But instead of paying cash/premium currency to skip waiting, he can pay with mana. To OP.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I think we got a big hint just now. His buddy, heir of the clan, forgot his name, was also taking care of these scraps, but he used some sort of gourd to absorb them. Also we know that he's getting really strong recently, and last chapter they hinted that he was doing something that jeehan doesn't know. I'm guessing he's absorbing those scraps and using that to get stronger or something? Probably has some bad side-effects i bet. Anyway i think that's why we got the explanation on the scraps again. I sure forgot about those to though, but soon it'll be important i bet.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The first time i heard of the poison jar was i think in naruto, of all places. At one point orochimaru had a big battle royale underground that decided who got to be his new body.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Holy hell that was one hell of a chapter. The art was great to, showing how much pain he was in.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

captain innocuous posted:

I just binged the whole comic, and now that I have to wait I'm pissed.

The Gamer at least has regular updates and its translated, every friday. Hardly ever any weeks off. The author certainly has a schedule.

It's pretty blessed compared to other things like berserk hah.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
And just like that, the gamer is going to hell.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Don't need to pay charon if you got your own speedboat

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
And the big boss is already down and absorbed. With this Jeehan prolly is in the top10 of korea now?

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-111/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=307

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So the official translation has been on hiatus since the end of season 4 for some reason. No idea why, it says it will return but were months later now and still nothing.

So today i decided to look for an unofficial translation, and behold, there are more chapters:

https://manganelo.com/chapter/read_the_gamer_manga_online_free/chapter_350

EDIT:

The translation is a bit of mess. Also, season 5 chapter 3 seems missing on that site but it is here: https://imgur.com/a/1r3qmKB?fbclid=IwAR18WNLYEAIubIOf9BkSW_RQTInjpsxZ3bTZBrZ6xGP6ORX9cSM3iRN6wFk

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 24, 2021