Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chomp8645 posted:

Tensions are so high in this thread it feels like everyone is on a hair trigger!

Why do Gundam's guns have triggers? Especially since you see in 08th MS Team that One Year War era Feddie suits at least have a plug in their hands that directly connect with the guns. That's how they power their beam weapons. So if they plug right into the gun, why have a trigger?

That sort of thing bugs me, I guess you could even go so far as to say it....

sets me off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
The amazing thing is that I'm certain nobody started out wanting to mock the plight of legit PTSD sufferers, but then someone decided that "discourses have different conventions for the use of words" was a pretty cool windmill to tilt at, and here we are

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

it's time like this that I like to remind myself that only by releasing my grasp on illusions can I truly achieve enlightenment

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there gonna be a Trad Games Secret Santa?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

namaste

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hm these Aztecs would go well in my lizard man army.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

boom boom boom posted:

Why do Gundam's guns have triggers? Especially since you see in 08th MS Team that One Year War era Feddie suits at least have a plug in their hands that directly connect with the guns. That's how they power their beam weapons. So if they plug right into the gun, why have a trigger?

sets me off

It's because Gundams are not supposed to be accurate models of what war robots would look like. They are supposed to emulate the human form.

Humans have triggers.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Have you accepted the Pillar Men in your life?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

actually I believe that if you google "seraphon" you'll find that the new flavor for lizardmen is completely different. sorry better luck next time

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

Unfortunately I don't think there are any Pillar Men model kits. There are very nice action figures tho

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Have you accepted the Pillar Men in your life?

My masters have already been awakened.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Is there gonna be a Trad Games Secret Santa?

Of course! I'll be putting up the OP in around a week ish.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Leperflesh posted:

Of course! I'll be putting up the OP in around a week ish.

Sweet. You should merge it with the VEGETA Secret Santa

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Somebody convince me to not spend $300 on space lizards riding space dinosaurs eternally respawning to punch space demons (in space)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pawl posted:

Somebody convince me to not spend $300 on space lizards riding space dinosaurs eternally respawning to punch space demons (in space)

You're giving GW money. Bad people give GW money, don't be a bad person.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

boom boom boom posted:

sets me off

I've changed my mind. I'm ok with hearing about Anime talk as long as it's about triggers.

Go on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:siren: DON'T GIVE SIGMAR LIZARDS :siren:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

:siren:DON'T GIVE LIZARDS SIGMAR:siren:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

You're giving GW money. Bad people give GW money, don't be a bad person.

I am planning on ordering from a local place though so maybe it's not that bad?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pawl posted:

I am planning on ordering from a local place though so maybe it's not that bad?

But you're just adding a middleman to the equation. GW will get money either way.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

g...good anime? on a total tangent just based on your username i feel obliged to inform you that there is actually a professional wrestling promotion with people dressed up as kaijus, it is called kaiju big battel and does indeed have some cage matches. feel free to ignore this if you are not actually interested in the idea of people in kaiju costumes trying to wrestle

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

But you're just adding a middleman to the equation. GW will get money either way.

But DINOSAURS

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

willus posted:

g...good anime? on a total tangent just based on your username i feel obliged to inform you that there is actually a professional wrestling promotion with people dressed up as kaijus, it is called kaiju big battel and does indeed have some cage matches. feel free to ignore this if you are not actually interested in the idea of people in kaiju costumes trying to wrestle

http://www.kaiju.com/index.htm

This week in New York posted:

Divided We Stand
Queens, New York. The Kaiju Commissioner was hoping to promote The Great Divide as a celebratory night of expansion and heroic achievements. Dr. Cube wasn't having it however, as he used the historic event to demonstrate his wicked ways. Cube, in a ruder, cruder, and more confidently evil mood than usual, introduced his new creation the hybrid duck thing named Derano and while it was defeated, it seemed it was all going along as Cube planed. Amidst the overwhelming amount of monster mayhem, the Kaiju fighters who won their match were made to chose to remain in NY or head to sunny Florida to start up a Southern Kaiju League. The decisions of the victors made for a bitter sweet ending to a night of action packed accomplishments. Every villain that won decided to go and every Hero that won decided to stay, except Paco Plaintain. How will a lone hero, separated from his brother, stem the tide of destruction? Will the Commissioners plan fail resulting in the decimation of Florida? Only time will tell.

Fighto 2: Threshold Apprehension

Steam Powered Tentacle Boulder Defeated Derano

Steam Powered Tentacle Boulder Stays

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
thank you for being less lazy than me, doctor borris

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Intriguing.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Pawl posted:

Because you have no game?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

malal posted:

I dunno why, but this new stupid "reward" club really binds.

I buy a lot of motorcycle parts, so I J&P cycles a lot. they have never lost or screwed up an order, and you can call their technicians and they will help you through any stupid issues you run into, and are great for helping you fit universal parts.

They have a "gold club" membership. Its 40 bucks, and worth every penny. It gives you a flat 10% off in the online store, and free shipping on any order over 100 bucks. (which is a big deal when ordering heavy parts.)

On top of that, they send you the current parts and sales catalogs for the type of bike you order parts for every quarter, along with free swag like stickers, patches, and the occasional shirt. Hell, I've even had reps contact me about how the project is coming along when I get a bunch of parts at once. on top of that there is some "point" system where you earn store credit, and you get 15 bucks credit for joining the fist time. (annual renewals are only 30 bucks.)

For someone who just rides and just needs the occasional part I'm sure its not a good deal. but if bikes are your "hobby," J&P cycles has a customer rewards program that, I dunno, REWARDS their customers! I buy from them first and only go elsewhere when they don't have what I need.

Because of their top notch service and how they treat their customers I always suggest them to other riders, and I never feel like I'm being taken. I spend far, FAR more money on my bike hobby then I ever could on GW, and yet I have a greater dislike for GW as a company as a whole and feel a lot more guilty when I buy GW poo poo. Hell, I bought my last army from Icon of Sin, and I haven't bought used models in AGES before AoS.

really GW?!? I spend 400 bucks and get a lovely pair of dice? or a LAPEL PIN like they used to give away? OOH! I choose the lovely shirt that has no artistic design what so ever, nothing like the shirts the had back in the day.

Can you imagine if GW had a rewards program like I described? free swag, 10% off, free shipping over 100 bucks, 15 dollar store credit when signing up, extra store credit for buying a lot of poo poo, and a way to call them if you were having a problem?

I should quit gettin' mad at table-top games.

One of my favorite parts of this thread is hearing about all the other companies that make specialized and expensive bits for hobbyists/enthusiasts and how almost all of them do it so much better than GW.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Would it ruin the magic if I pointed out scrunts are basically just gully dwarves from Dragonlance.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Terrible Opinions posted:

Would it ruin the magic if I pointed out scrunts are basically just gully dwarves from Dragonlance.

Pretty sure that was covered months ago.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

:siren: GIVE SIGMAR THE BIRD :siren:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Recoome posted:

red text avs are a pretty weak own tbh, Arivia is self-owning pretty well

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
in bird culture, that is widely considered a dick move

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Pawl posted:

Because you could spend $300 on undead-zombie-dragons, Shotgun weilding Scottish (Or American) Werewolves, NIghtmare Child Deamons or....
Without giving GW money.

And have a Good game to play instead of rolling 3+/4+ endlessly in a pile-up in the middle of the table.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

in bird culture, that is widely considered a dick move

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

Like GTR, people have been swarming this and the 40k thread over the last couple days to go "no we're not one of those SJWs." A lot of people are definitely upset.

@boom boom boom: Unlike the concept of triggers, idiot is a deprecated term quickly becoming obsolete because it represents outdated ideas about disabled people. Bye!

You are the epitome of angsty Tumblr user.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Arivia posted:

Like GTR, people have been swarming this and the 40k thread over the last couple days to go "no we're not one of those SJWs." A lot of people are definitely upset.

@boom boom boom: Unlike the concept of triggers, idiot is a deprecated term quickly becoming obsolete because it represents outdated ideas about disabled people. Bye!

gently caress you for using @ and saying "bye" as a smarmy way to shut down a conversation. You're scum, internet scum, and someday you'll get yours for making GBS threads up the place with misplaced irony and fake cuteness.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I've changed my mind. I'm ok with hearing about Anime talk as long as it's about triggers.

Go on.

Have you heard of Studio Trigger? Their masterpiece Kill la Kill lives up to their name!

Arivia posted:

All this anger at a plastic space dollies game that you don't play and have no vested interest in honestly seems unhealthy and I'm concerned for you.
Perhaps it would be best if you only indulged in the brilliant game design of World of Warcraft.txt

e. I initially wrote "plastic space barbies" but then I realized that since you are very concerned about gender perception despite being on a forum under a non-descript username I changed it to the more generic "dollies", hope that's ok with you.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 6, 2015

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Which one of you guys is going to say Kek first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Good Dumplings posted:

gently caress you for using @ and saying "bye" as a smarmy way to shut down a conversation. You're scum, internet scum, and someday you'll get yours for making GBS threads up the place with misplaced irony and fake cuteness.

You're one of the legions of man children on the internet mad that they're not being given compliments for throwing fits when things don't go their way. Please grow up.

E: did the old 30k thread talk about "poverty friends" like the new one does? The amount of classism and discrimination GW engenders in its customers is…well, it sure is British.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread