Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Machine posted:

So, the CBS website has a show-length preview special up. It's mostly your blech survivor introductions with Jeff injecting pointless commentary, but there happened to be something interesting!!
[/spoiler]
The CBS preview is okay but Corinne's "brutal" pre-game analysis of the cast on RHAP is a lot more fun.
http://robhasawebsite.com/corinne-kaplan-survivor-cagayan-cast-assessment-preview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Binary Logic posted:

The CBS preview is okay but Corinne's "brutal" pre-game analysis of the cast on RHAP is a lot more fun.
http://robhasawebsite.com/corinne-kaplan-survivor-cagayan-cast-assessment-preview/

That was really entertaining. I'd listen to more survivor podcasts if she was on them.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So wait. The idiot idol can totally be flushed with a vote split, right? It's trickier, especially if the non-easter-egg winners don't know about the fourth idol. You'd need the person holding it to be really screwed in the numbers, but if the cast knows it's a Yul idol, I don't think it would be absurd for people to pull a temporary flip to get rid of the drat thing.

Also! If anybody finds out, it's a huge loving target. If the holder is sitting pretty in a majority alliance, it could easily go unused like Yul's. But if a minority alliance gets it, they can just use it for whoever was just sent home to knock out majority person of their choice, can't they? In that case it's like a normal idol, just easier to use.

Survivors these days are loving cutthroat, if not clever. They wouldn't tolerate the superidol being around if they find out it exists.

And then the producers will plant another one. :cry:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
They should hide a couple of fake idols in obvious places

Would lead to a funny tribal or two.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Just did our random draw for the work pool we have every season, and I got Jeremiah. He doesn't stand out to me, which actually could be a good thing.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So Survivor is being preempted for basketball today and the premiere is airing at 1:30 AM.

The basketball team playing is my alma mater and I'm regularly a season ticket owner and we are playing our mortal rival and I am STILL pissed off that I can't watch Survivor as it airs.

I'm a True Fan of Survivor.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SweetJahasus posted:

So Survivor is being preempted for basketball today and the premiere is airing at 1:30 AM.

The basketball team playing is my alma mater and I'm regularly a season ticket owner and we are playing our mortal rival and I am STILL pissed off that I can't watch Survivor as it airs.

I'm a True Fan of Survivor.

My partners dad is visiting so I probably won't be able to watch live either. I blame Colton somehow. :argh:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

My sleep schedule is still screwed up from watching olympic curling from midnight to 3am so I might end up sleeping through tonight's episode.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So it's two hours long, but it's two votes, right? We're not actually getting a double episode?

oh god I'm so excited

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Are there any ways to watch same day on the computer? AKA amazon/itunes or the like? Or are they all delayed a day? Last season I was stuck watching a day behind and I just want to double check that I'm not missing something obvious.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

King Burgundy posted:

Are there any ways to watch same day on the computer? AKA amazon/itunes or the like? Or are they all delayed a day? Last season I was stuck watching a day behind and I just want to double check that I'm not missing something obvious.

Depending on how late you're willing to stay awake, the CBS website is pretty good at putting them up not ling after it finishes airing on the west coast

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Carlton Banks posted:

Haha, why would they think that is a good idea?

Because the HII was such a non-thing last season, with everyone burning the clues.

I'm barely a fan of baseball, I watch parts of a few games a year and occasionally check standings, but I recognized Samson. With the change to Miami from Florida, new ugly stadium and uglier uniforms, destroying his team, etc. he's come up a lot more in news bits than the average owner/GM/type person.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

5 minutes until I can start hating Spencer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

So it's two hours long, but it's two votes, right? We're not actually getting a double episode?

oh god I'm so excited

I'm under the impression that we're just getting two episodes one after the other, but I'm not 100%.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Welcome to the new season, folks!

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
It's game on. Previously oh wait it's too early.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: GO TIME :siren:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

You suck at baseball, that was a bad analogy

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

SteveVizsla posted:

Because the HII was such a non-thing last season, with everyone burning the clues.

Yeah I mentioned it to a friend who said the same thing, so I guess it makes sense now (I didn't get to watch much last season, so I wasn't aware of what happened with the HII)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh I hate Spencer. You don't get to refer to yourself as a genius.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Why do we even need a HII anyway? Because without it someone like Russell can't get very far?

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Baseball? Yeah thats the same thing....

With an average of 130, you know someone has a pretty average score in there.

Edit: sweet jeff shot.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

God I hope this Spencer guy gets an awful disease or something. Beauty tribe is going to inevitably be awful pre-merge, right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Why do we even need a HII anyway? Because without it someone like Russell can't get very far?

It makes good TV, and it keeps the post-merge game unpredictable - instead of getting a straight pagonging 90% of the tribe, the HII can be used as a wedge to give the minority a chance.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I love how Jeff always starts the season on the top of a goddamned cliff or peak. Where's his drat sense of adventure at after the final tribal? :mad:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Trish seems psychotic

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Is that guy really wearing a loving suit

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Yo nerd what group do you think you are

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Already starting off awkwardly.

Also, haven't we seen Jeff standing on a mountain(?) like that before? Or that exact mountain?

Edit: "We're not pretty or buff, so I guess we're the nerds?" :shrug:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

I love how Jeff always starts the season on the top of a goddamned cliff or peak. Where's his drat sense of adventure at after the final tribal? :mad:
Adventure Jeff died when the budget did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That suit guy reminds me of Darren Rovell so gently caress him

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

He's always either on a cliff or a helicopter.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Haha, so there's going to be a hierarchy of attractiveness on the beauty tribe?

:v: "She's hot, but she's cute. And I trust cute before hot."

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

That suit guy reminds me of Darren Rovell so gently caress him

I already knew he was a douche but goddamn

That suit looks like Brooks Bros too, hey let's wear clothes that probably cost a thousand bucks

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Oh, nice twist.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's a cool twist

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Holy poo poo Morgan is smokin.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

That suit looks like Brooks Bros too, hey let's wear clothes that probably cost a thousand bucks

Yea I forgot he was that Marlins President rear end in a top hat at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

SteveVizsla posted:

But a million dollars can buy a lot of Brooks Bros. suits, right? :haw:

• Locked thread