Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

SweetJahasus posted:

Wrong, Blood vs. Water is a good season and is worth watching, more-so than Caramoan.

drat, I got behind on survivor! Haven't watched a single episode of BvW, for fear of how awful it could be. It's good to hear it's worth it. Now I just need to find like 14 straight hours to plow through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

GuavaMoment posted:

drat, I got behind on survivor! Haven't watched a single episode of BvW, for fear of how awful it could be. It's good to hear it's worth it. Now I just need to find like 14 straight hours to plow through it.

So I'm way behind here, but drat was Blood v. Water great! The terrible people all left immediately, the gameplay was interesting, and the person that clearly deserved to win actually won. That's happened like...twice ever in Survivor. It's weird that there was no fan favorite as I think Ciera had that on lockdown. I'm now back to being interested in a new season!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I meant that having BOTH a good season and deserving winner is a rare combo.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Why is everyone on this show always so dumb? :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Pinterest Mom posted:

A season of 20 Kim Spradlins and Earls wouldn't be super entertaining to watch.

Counterpoint: it totally would be entertaining. At least they could try it just once.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Poque posted:

God, that preview.

If Lindsay quits because Trish is mean and she lost the numbers, ugh

Well it would explain how she's been pretty invisible this season, since quitters get lovely edits. But yeah, ugh.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

DaisyDanger posted:

On another note, could anyone tell me what season spawned that gif of the two horrified-looking girls while a guy behind them suddenly gets a poo poo-eating grin? I would like to watch that season at some point just because that gif is so hilarious to me.

Gabon. The season that keeps getting better the more terrible other Survivor seasons you watch! We all hated it when it was on, but look back on it with fond memories now.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

the truth posted:

I recall Kass going before Spencer, and Spencer going last.

That's what we saw, but they likely asked questions in boot order. It made more tv sense to show Spencer and his speech last instead of 2nd last.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
In particular, they always cut away from Jeff right before he says the number in a statement like "this will be a best of three challenge*. It always cuts to a reaction shot of the contestants. I understand why they do it, it's just annoying once you notice.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
So why does everyone hate Ozzy exactly? I never understood that. I know he's not the greatest at survivor, but he was always the happy go-lucky bro type that people seem to enjoy on this show. I was cheering for him in South Pacific and sad to see him go the other times. And having sex with Ozzy is like having sex on top of the world, so why all the hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Piell posted:

Kid Nation was the best show ever made and I still cannot believe they were allowed to make it.

Kid Nation killed Jericho, the real best show ever made, so gently caress Kid Nation.

• Locked thread