Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe

Boxman posted:

I'm watching China and their second challenge is actually the one we just had - walls, log maze, even had the "hit the gong at the end."

This isn't notable for reusing challenges (although it is sorta funny that Jeff called it a "chinese puzzle log"), but it is notable that both times they ran the challenge with 7 people on both tribes, forcing one person to sit out each time.

Sorry if someone else noticed this, thread moves a little fast, especially around Thursday.

My guess about the number of people is that the log was very heavy and you need at least 6 people to have a chance at winning the challenge. So they have to use it at a point in the game when they know the tribes will be even in numbers. At this point in the game, that was now. If they waited, one tribe could be down 7-5 and then they couldn't use the challenge at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Fun Shoe

Giodo! posted:

I don't think Tony has very much in common in with Russell other than both being very active players who want to win by making big moves and controlling the game.

Agreed. Sophie Clarke was on the latest RHAP podcast and said that Tony is a guy that has to be on the offensive all the time and would suck at playing defensively. Who knows whether that will keep working but at the least it makes it very entertaining for us viewers.

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Fun Shoe

maniacripper posted:

Just listened to the RHAP episode with Tony, what a great interview.

I think he came off like a pretty cool dude, definitely has one of the best minds for the game I've heard based on their interview. When he tells a story of just one move or one little aspect of the game he rattles off like 30 different scenarios he considered before making his move. He cops to over thinking and over playing a few things in hindsight, but to me he kinda made Rob and Fishbach come off like amateur players they way he handled their reservations about his moves.

It was interesting but I think that Ron and Stephen usually will say that they don't have all the information about what is going on, only what they are shown on TV. Tony seemed to expect them to have known about all his moves they didn't see and somehow magically factor that into their opinions of him. Once Tony explained the stuff they didn't see, they seemed to come around though. Even Tony said he would not criticize future players because he knows now that you don't see everything that really happens and it makes it hard to judge things as a viewer.

• Locked thread