Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Has there ever been an all girls alliance that did well, aside from Kim's group on One World?

Micronesia. Erik's idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I'm also not thinking there was any race stuff behind the brains. The tribe broke into duos early like it always does. When David was voted out that left Kass alone and a Garret and Spencer picked her up. It just happened they were white and the outsiders were black. I suppose there's a possible deeper issue of how often the black people "just happen" to be on the outside and I would love to see more evenly distributed seasons like Yul's but I wouldn't want to apply racial stuff based on a pattern to individuals without some evidence. If there's a problem its the system.

Based on what we saw, J'Tia had also not endeared herself to those three with her bossiness and perceived laziness (ordering others to work).

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Perhaps I'm wrong, but my interpretation of the Woo/Spencer incident was that Woo was genuine in saying to Spencer he'd forgotten his pants, picked up Spencer's pants to return them, saw the clue fall out, threw the pants to Spencer (perhaps the throw was off target due to his excitement), and ran back to pick up the clue, then took off into the jungle. Spencer then returned to camp and exaggerated things by saying Woo threw his pants in the water to steal the clue.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

And Russell ended up dating Mikayla for awhile, didn't he?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Tony on transporting idols to tribal council.

I'm going to be bummed if the Tony's fireside chats with Spencer end after the season. So awesome.

What is he saying here? He slept on his bag to hide his idols and kept them in his pants (specifically the crotch) when they weren't in his bag?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Poque posted:

I hope this comes up in her jury question and he tries to claim that the Kass vote they showed was from him.

Wouldn't Trish recognize her own handwriting? I can't imagine he'd try that.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

So, let's compile a list of things that you apparently HAVE to know how to do before going on Survivor.

As of right now, all I have is "Make a Fire", "Swim", and "Do Sliding Puzzles".

Not show up on day one and order people to do things. I don't think it ever worked out for the person who did that, and there are seemingly countless examples of it failing spectacularly.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

Thailand was pretty bad, but I think RI, Nicaragua, One World, and arguably South Pacific were all worse.

RI, Nicaragua, One World, and SP are most definitely 150 to 200 percent worse than Thailand.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Met posted:

Season 1 is weird.

The first tribal council is crazy to watch. It's completely disorganized, like a group of people just sitting around a fire randomly speaking before Jeff suddenly tells them to go vote. Such a contrast compared to what TC is like now.

• Locked thread