Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Why would they even cast 2 cops for the show? Let alone put them on the same tribe.

The camaraderie that exists in the profession is pretty much unmatched save a select few others.

Maybe that's why, to see what would happen? I dunno I guess we'll find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I mean in the context of what he's saying he's right. Parvati isn't known for being someone who changed the game, she is just really really good at using her social gifts (which is what 'beauty' is supposed to represent) to execute strategies forged by other people.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Tony isn't as malicious as Russel from what I see. Russel did things because he wanted everyone to know how great he was, Tony does things because he thinks it's pragmatic, fun and/or awesome.

It's a slight distinction but to me it makes a huge difference. Plus he's paranoid as fuuuuck. He got so mad they wrote his name down, he was so offended, that was hilarious to me.

And yeah if he (or anyone) goes into tribal to gloat about how the manipulated and got everyone voted out then he or shoe doesn't deserve to win, if you've seen any of the last 20 seasons you should know this. Shame on anyone who got mad Russel didn't win, he always hosed up the most important part of the game.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 18, 2014

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Can you stop typing "lame-o"? It's annoying.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I was thinking about the super idol that the only way to get rid of it is to have everyone on the tribe vote for the guy who has it, save one person who votes some other randy. That leaves the all the votes for who has the super idol, the one the guy holding the super idol votes for and then the one random person to tie the vote at 1 a piece.

But even then what do you do now?

What a cluster gently caress.

Maybe they could have done all Tony, Tony votes LJ, then Spencer votes himself to get the random. Then on the re-vote would LJ and Spencer both be safe? Tash has immunity then they're forced to vote someone on their alliance because you can't re-vote the same 2?

Just theory here, I know Tony's alliance would gently caress it up for them but it's interesting to think about the best way to combat this piece of poo poo idol.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 25, 2014

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Fast Luck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_k9UVPBK0

Haha was watching this and juts got to Sandra's extended promotion of Outback Steakhouse. Classic poo poo.

Haha thank you to the editor of that video for including this: http://youtu.be/J-_k9UVPBK0?t=9m41s

Thanks for posting this.

This is the reason Sandra is the greatest Survivor player ever right here, she has a complete understanding of her situation, her place in the game, what needs to happen to Survive, and her attitude is suited for the task (she don't give a gently caress).

This little interaction between her and Courtney is so loving hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-_k9UVPBK0#t=320

Courtney - "We're on the bottom, etc etc..."
Sandra - "This is what we get for being biiiiitcheeees":mmmhmm: *fistbump*

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

-JT's move was high risk high reward and I credit that move to Russell manipulating him. Knowing what we know it was completely idiotic but JT didn't have that knowledge so from his perspective it made enough sense. If JT's guess was right we'd have called it one of the greatest strategic moves ever

I've felt this way for a long time but I never had the words to explain it, because I'm stupid.

A lot of this goes on too, we see a lot of moves as dumb on TV but each hour episode is 3 days on the island so there's a lot of poo poo going down that we can't/won't see so...

Also with Russel, yes a lot of his assholiness was during confessionals, but his negotiating to individuals was always aggressive and threatening, so he's a big dummy.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I wonder how different Russel's second season would have played out if he had a few seasons in between to go the the survivor alumni meetups and forge quasi-relationships (if that pyscho is even capable of forming real human bonds). And also had the other survivors been able to see his first play through the game.

To them it may have seemed that he was dragged along far more than he actually was.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

BGrifter posted:

The target she had on her back after that Micronesia win was enormous. The fact she managed to survive on a beach full of All-Stars who all knew she was the most dangerous player out there is utterly insane. We've never seen anything like it on Survivor.

I'd vote that honor to Boston Rob on his 4th time playing was more impressive. Either for the fact that he survived, or the casting agents could find that many people to be so hopelessly loving clueless to let it happen, either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Just listened to the RHAP episode with Tony, what a great interview.

I think he came off like a pretty cool dude, definitely has one of the best minds for the game I've heard based on their interview. When he tells a story of just one move or one little aspect of the game he rattles off like 30 different scenarios he considered before making his move. He cops to over thinking and over playing a few things in hindsight, but to me he kinda made Rob and Fishbach come off like amateur players they way he handled their reservations about his moves.

• Locked thread