Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

STAC Goat posted:

Someone losing doesn't mean they sucked, it just means something went wrong. Maybe it was out of their control or maybe it was their mistake. But plenty of winners have made mistakes they survived and plenty of losers have done absolutely nothing wrong and were just victims of chance.

I'm still upset about Paschal in Marquesas :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

There are HIIs spread out as usual pre-merge, but post-merge they throw out a brand new HII with rules similar to Yul's in Cook Islands. That is, the HII can be whipped out after the votes are read.

I... I just... oh god why...

:negative:

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

He's like a Cochran from a parallel Universe where everyone is evil.

So Cochran from South Pacific?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Jesus had a pretty rough time on Survivor. Three days later he Redemption Islanded his way back in and won though. Pretty bullshit season if you ask me.

Yeah but at least Judas didn't win, he backstabbed everybody that season.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Poque posted:

I love that smug bastard so much. That council was one of the best ever.

This man has correct opinions about things.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

From the same interview, speaking of survivor casting jewish people - ""Yes, they won't cast us anymore. We are too clever to be on reality shows". :eek:

Does anyone know quick and dirty stats on how many times Survivor has started out with three tribes instead of two?

I haven't seen every season, but I always tend to prefer more than two tribes. Makes it a little easier to remember everyone, especially in the early goings.

All-Stars, Philippines and the current season.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

The greatest crime in the history of Survivor is that Ian Rosenberger will never be recast :(

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

blue squares posted:

Oh look, a tribal swap that wasn't a surprise at all (because of this thread, jerks).

And the end of last episode and all the promos for this episode since the end of last episode.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

sleepingbuddha posted:

Is this the soonest they've merged tribes?

It was around this time they did it in both All Stars and Philippines.

e: In that those are the only other seasons with 3 tribes to start.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I guess you could say Cliff was really good at playing the post!

:downsrim:

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I can honestly see Trish getting sent home here for conspiring with the Beauties too much. Lindsay, Cliff and Woo seem firmly together and Tony looks like he's changed his mindset about the rest of the Brawn tribe.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Welp, looks like I was wrong about my last prediction. Cliff goes home either way here.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Say what they will about Cliff his head seems truly in the game and it's gonna suck to see him go.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

I feel a crazy person. I've been watching Survivor on and off from the get-go and I simply cannot understand the reasoning for the voting this season.

Cliff gets voted out at the first opportunity, J'Tia survives multiple votes after dumping the rice and costing challenges...

It was said on the first episode and the mindset seems to be holding strong. Everyone is thinking Day 39 right now.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

If there was a millionaire sitting at FTC on Day 39 with two homeless people and the millionaire had played the BEST game of the 3 people I don't understand the mindset behind not voting for them. What everyone does outside the game should be a non-factor.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Poque posted:

Yeah, like maybe the homeless people stole cars. From people on the jury.

I'd be upset if I lost the Survivor Car challenge too :(

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

This scene is forever burned in my mind because seeing those smug mother fuckers taken down by the dude who had never watched the show was so amazing.

(I'm sad Edgardo didn't come back for FvF1 because he was actually a pretty cool dude.)

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

She doesn't need the personality :pervert:

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I think the thing I particularly enjoyed about this episode is that I think everyone, outside of like Morgan, got a little confessional time. I hate when they go episodes just ignoring someone until they get voted out/make a move. This might also speak to the interest that some of the players actually have in the game.

Also there's a lot of :cry: in this thread about Alexis going home. It was hard to watch but she absolutely was the right choice to go home. She would have jumped back to LJ and Jefra so quick and she kinda dug her on grave on that one.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I'd put :10bux: on him being the first jury member.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

BGrifter posted:

It'd be hilarious if it happened but don't forget he has an idol. It's huge, and he needed it so much. *heavy breathing*

That clip alone should have secured Tony a spot on All Stars.

My thinking would be that they misdirect a vote towards LJ but move to take Tony out instead but that would be way too obvious and someone is going to gently caress it up and Jeremiah will probably go home.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Also, even if you hate Vanautu, watch the Vertical Maze Immunity Challenge. It wasn't particularly competitive but it's design was amazing.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Poque posted:

I like Vanuatu alright but damned if that's not my favorite challenge in Survivor history.

King snake is best snake.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I think everyone this season wants so desperately to be good at survivor that they are bad at Survivor. There is a lot of people overthinking it and it's just fantastic. I think this is why Spencer is doing so well in the eyes of people. He's not trying to overplay as badly as everyone else is. Has he been on the bad side of some votes/ideas? Absolutely but he's stuck with his guns for the most part and hasn't taken shots at people like most others have so far.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

He got the win because he got the team full of people who were there for a vacation and not to play Survivor. I admit I've never been a Boston Rob fan but come on his tribe was full of worshipers and not players.

It also has to do a lot with what Zarrr is saying. Rob would have recognized early that say someone like Ralph, who was in clear opposition of Russell, had to be the first to go so they couldn't create chaos. Also Rob and Russell aren't the same type of player, I think if you switched tribes that season Russell still goes early because people knew that he was a poo poo disturber.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Schmitty42 posted:

What are the chances of Woo and Kass joining up with Spence, Tasha, and Jeremiah to vote out Tony next week?

I'd say pretty unlikely considering I think if Kass is close to anyone in that alliance it's Trish and Tony.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

TheChad posted:

Seriously.

Spencer is evil because he made a disparaging remark about the woman who ruined his game for no logical reason, Woo is evil for stealing clue that was left out in the open in the woods...

Kinda reaching here.

Also LeJackal is a terrible poster.

Yeah that whole conversation got a bit out of hand. It's not like Spencer is even the first person to make a disparaging remark about women on Survivor. His frustration is behind a lot of it. But guys like Malcolm, Boston Rob and Russell have said worse with a lot less provocation.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I'm still firmly planted in the final 3 being the remaining 3 brains. I don't know how. But it's going to happen.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

Preview: WOOOOOOOOOOOO! :ohdear:

Edited for my own enjoyment

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

I honestly have a feeling that the next couple votes are gonna go something like Jefra for trying to retaliate towards Tony, Woo for being Tony's direct competition and then Trish for being fed up with Tony's poo poo. At this point, Spence, Tasha and Jeremiah are Tony's least concerns because he's treating his own(former??) alliance as the threat. It basically gives them the inside track for the final 3 but I just know that Kass is gonna wiggle in there some where because who couldn't resist taking her to the end.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Next week or the episode after that is about the time when we'd normally see the Survivor Auction so I imagine we'll see a clue come out for this lovely idol then.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

F2 can work (Tocantins, Vanuatu), or it can fail miserably (Amazon, All-Stars, arguably Micronesia). Honestly, I'd rather not see it this time around, since whoever drags Kass to the end will automatically win.

Spencer and Kass, together 4eva

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

With the edit Spencer is getting I would be shocked to see him go before 5. I think Tasha goes next at this point and then Tony starts getting paranoid again about Woo still being around and decides to cannibalize his alliance again.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

spidoman posted:

I always think about how cool this would be, but then I realize that it's not putting on the act for 14 hours that encompasses a season. It's being a different person for 40 days straight every waking moment of the day. In an environment where, essentially, the only thing to do is talk to other people.

And on top of all that, the make believe person that they made up? They have to be a person who could make it to the end.

I would love to see it, but I'm not sure I want to see a serial killer on Survivor.

They put a sociopath on and he won! So why not go one step further?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Rarity posted:

If that's how you're judging it you forgot Earl on Fiji

A "perfect game" is defined as no votes against during the game and all the votes for at final tribal. Although Earl played a spectacular game he did receive one vote at like the 2nd or 3rd tribal.

e: And I got beaten.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Does anyone else remember the obvious foreshadowing they popped out at the episode of the tribal mix-up?

Spencer is lying with Kass and Tasha and says something to the effect of: "Wouldn't it be funny if we were the final 3?"

I so believe that and pray that the misfits pull through "together".

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Anonymous Zebra posted:

If Kass won I would be tempted to scour the thread for every single post about how terrible her game was...but it's unlikely she'll win and also that would be douchy as gently caress.

However, I am still smiling at how all three brains are still in the game after the early thread calling every move they made as suicidal.

Every move they did make was suicidal though. Imagine if they just decided to roll with the punches and the producers thought leaving the tribes as is until a merge happened was a good idea. The Brains would had to have been dissolved.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

So on Day 33 they are down to 5 people. Either they are going to have a final 2 this season or a final 4 reward challenge. I know they did this on Caramoan and Philippines but Caramoan was due to Eric being evacuated.

LET'S SPECULATE!

E:MAD TRISH IS BACK!

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

^^^^^^^
Tasha - Trish
Spence - Tony
Everyone else - Tasha

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How the gently caress does he still have both idols? Why did Kass and Spence they could flip Woo, of all people?

Because he was flipped until Khaos occurred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

As long as the rest of the challenges are some sort of run/make a puzzle type of thing I don't see Spencer losing. Trish and Kass are physically weak, Tony has made some pushes in challenges but is definitely not a threat to Spencer and Woo just doesn't seem to have what it takes to beat Spence unless it involves balance.

• Locked thread