Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

5 minutes until I can start hating Spencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Holy poo poo Morgan is smokin.
Would you vote her out

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LJ is on the ball.

Also Brawn is really gonna need that extra rice, so good thing Trish took that for them.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

Tony thinks the public has a much higher opinion of cops than we really do
Seriously

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you're that bossy the shelter you're designing better be amazing. Although even if it is, you probably should pitch in and help?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Brain tribe sucks but Jeff is laying it on a bit thick.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

She's more NaOnka
J'Tia is a nuclear engineer...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha Garrett and David both gunning for each other.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha Tony is so threatened by Cliff. "Everyone likes this guy, I'm gonna get rid of him!" is a questionable strategy

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What the gently caress J'Tia. This tribe is a disaster. So much for Tasha's plan to pull in Kass.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Good God, Garrett is challenging J'Tia for who's worse. Spencer/Tasha/Kass are the only sane people on this tribe. Too bad Garrett has an idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The open forum thing was already dumb but then to say before tribal who the alliance, ahem tribe, is, and then try to backtrack on it and say it's a four player strong tribe moments later, it's disturbingly stupid

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha they kept the woman who dumped out all the rice. HOLY poo poo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Preview chat: Cop Tony: I'm a cop. Sarah: What the gently caress dude.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The funny thing is Garrett was so focused on not letting anyone talk on the side but apparently somehow J'Tia or Tash managed to talk to Kass long enough to win her over after dumping out all the rice? What the gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pulp Can Move posted:

No, you can say that it was the wrong move. Garrett was a bad player, but his badness was a detriment only to himself. J'Tia is a bad player who is a detriment to the entire tribe in every way possible.
She was more of a detriment for sure (challenge liability, crazy rice dumping), but he was a detriment to the whole tribe too. He was blowing their alliance, making things awkward with his open dialogue thing, and all sorts of stuff. Now, J'Tia should have probably gone knowing what they know, but knowing what we know (Garrett had the idol) this may actually be better for them. They can just knock out J'Tia next and keep the non-crazy people together, if they don't all starve to death.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Beauty tribe is pretty interesting because LJ seems like a great player. He said in his bio that he was good at puzzles and so far he's lived up to that doing all the Beauty team's puzzles. He also immediately cottoned to Morgan possibly having the idol. Meanwhile, Brice making that quick alliance with Morgan and then pulling puppy dog Jeremy into it shows that he's good at the game as well. I don't know if they're gonna be losing challenges but if they do I guess Jeffra and Alexis are the most at risk. Hopefully Brice doesn't take down LJ..

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Judging by the type of poo poo in his bio that kind of comment isn't out of character, I wouldn't read too much into it. He could go deep and still want to smart mouth his original tribe.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Binary Logic posted:

Surprisingly, in Garrett's exit interview with Rob Cesternino he sounds like he knows the game. It's so different from the edit he got.
Hah, I listened to that interview too, but got kind of a mixed impression. He said he had some detailed strategic thoughts and Rob invited him to share, and then he just let loose and started talking uninterrupted for like 20 minutes straight. Even when Rob said there were only 5 minutes left, and that he was gonna ask him lightning round questions, Rob only got to ask like 1 question because Garrett gave a very long, extensive answer to it. So, the content of Garrett's comments, and the strategic insight he had, actually did seem rather solid. But Garrett himself seemed kind of nuts.

Also at the beginning, Rob thanked him for coming on the show and having a "side conversation" with him and the joke seemed to go over Garrett's head, he didn't do a little chuckle or anything, he was just like, "Yeah, no problem."

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 28, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D97UtrHEZo&feature=share&t=2h5m10s
This is hilarious

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm honestly shocked that the entire internet isn't in on Ned Stark. There have been at least three bigger spoilers since then anyway. Also, Snape kills Dumbledore.

Anyway, I liked Erik. If he hadnt shriveled up and died he could have won, since Cochran and Dawn were such assholes and he had friends on the jury. Erik is what Sandra would have looked like had she not won (twice).
Well what was really bad was that he had to get evacuated and was like dying or whatever, and then they never even checked in on him or talked to him once in the reunion.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kass: "You can replace rice."
Uh what are they gonna replace it with?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

They're going to eat J'Tia.

I wonder how many people are going to quit today.
They showed us brains at the start of the episode but that was before the weather reactions started. They're saving that for later I guess. Not sure the brains tribe is gonna get through this.
edit: Welp, no weather reactions shown at all from the Brains tribe! Maybe it didn't rain over there.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 6, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hahaha they showed Brain tribe practicing this just to make their loss look more crushing

Oh but they pull off the comeback. So now we get to go back to the beauty tribe and Jefra who was dying and LJ who scooped Morgan's II.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 6, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

wait, why is Jeremiah telling Jefra that it's not Alexis when you need her as a fourth vote? What is happening
Doesn't want her to know he's playing both sides. He should be solidly with LJ but he's on the fence because he came into the game saying he was looking for love, and, well, Morgan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ahahaha Brice's face

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Midrena posted:

Totally agree. The Brain tribe didn't suck at the challenge -- J'tia sucked at the challenge. Can that crazy idiot do anything right?
I disagree. Yeah J'Tia was bad at the challenge I guess, but most of the time there was no water by the time it got to her. I actually thought Tasha was struggling a lot, dropping buckets and making some bad throws.

CODChimera posted:

It's good to see so many players knowing to "keep their mouth shut" and not make things worse for themselves.

Annoying to see Brice go. He was one of the better members of that tribe and now Morgan is in danger which makes me sad.
Yeah Morgan is on the chopping block, but up against Brains and Brawn, she might get a stay of execution until they do a shuffle?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah he's a total knucklehead but he's funny and by virtue of playing the game hard he's improved his outlook some with that idol. And despite initially blowing it with Sarah she seems like a sucker for the cop connection. Thing is, even with Sarah and Trish, that tribe is gonna be 3-3 deadlocked, because both Lindsay and Woo we know really like Cliff. Since he's got the idol that'd be the time to play it and take control but I don't think he's gonna give it to Trish. Of course (preview spoiler) if that tribe is throwing the challenge to get rid of someone odds are it's that buffoon Tony. I don't see any chance that Cliff or Woo would work people up that much. Oh, but then he gets 5-1'd in the vote, plays the idol, and poor Uncle Cliffy is sent home...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Sheesh.

Still, I'm not sure that makes her a racist or anti Semite. More like an incredibly insensitive jack rear end.
She's like hardcore Jewish as I recall and made a lot of zionist comments as well

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

David was a lock to go home on day one so they correctly guessed it would come down to Garrett/Spencer and J'Tia/Tasha with Kass in the middle. Garrett was reluctant to stick with the four person alliance of Garrett/Spencer/J'Tia/Tasha that took out David as he knew J'Tia/Tasha were rock solid, while Spencer would only stick with him as long as it was in his best interests. Voting out Kass second meant he had to win challenges until a tribe shuffle occured and he had zero faith in their ability to do so. By making the move to bring in Kass as a third he was aiming to set things up so he and Spencer would hang on till a tribe shuffle. He made a strong push selling Kat as his one true alliance, Tasha outplayed him, he went home.
See how you said this in one quick paragraph? Garrett... let's just say his social game is lacking, and I can see why he failed despite having sound strategy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha they strategically placed the height of those posts for maximum groin shots

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Morgan wins, first player to call someone on the beauty tribe not beautiful enough

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SteveVizsla posted:

So I just turned on the tv and nobody knows where chickens come from. WTF?

Do they know chicks are baby chickens?
They don't understand that chickens can lay unfertilized eggs without a rooster.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What? Sarah is a lunatic.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on Brawn, Cliff doesn't know you're all plotting against him for weird reasons. If you merge, he is one of your numbers. And if you shuffle, he could land on some new tribe with you and be your best friend. They act like it's urgent to just get rid of a random happy tribe member, that's ridiculous.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha Spencer having to go up against a professional basketball player

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

"where one of you will be the 4th person eliminated from the game"
*camera zooms in on J'Tia*

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha they've accidentally talked themselves into keeping J'Tia. It actually makes sense though... Spencer would flip if he got the chance, why the hell wouldn't he?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LeJackal posted:

Tasha, why are you trying to engineer your own failure? J'Tia is poison! Stop thinking about day 39! You will not last that long!
Yeah, but see, Tasha and Kass are safe either way. Vote out Spencer now. Lose again? Vote out J'Tia. Then you're just two and you'll get shuffled away like Malcolm and Denise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LeJackal posted:

Malcolm and Denise are so well known because what they did was so improbable. The chances of Tasha/Kass pulling out after getting shuffled into two nearly full, tight alliance tribes is.....unlikely.
Tribes that haven't gone to tribal much always have a bunch of fractures in them. Just look at Brawn trying to throw the challenge. But my other point is, if you end up being merged or shuffled at 3 instead of 2, well, I don't think that makes a lot of difference.

• Locked thread