Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizardryo
Jul 23, 2002

"Finally! A deep throat to call my own!"

Bjay9 posted:

I'm still upset about Paschal in Marquesas :(

Paschal and Fiji Michelle are the two most undeserved boots. I can't believe Probst guided Alex(?) through that awful Tribal Council to basically choose who he wanted to vote off. Probably the worst Probst has ever been at his job, and that's saying a lot (especially his :words: during challenges). Wasn't there one challenge in BvW where the editors purposefully inserted in every line they could find of Jeff going "CIERA IN LAST PLACE!! SHE IS OUT OF THE CHALLENGE!" only to have Ciera win it? That was some great editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizardryo
Jul 23, 2002

"Finally! A deep throat to call my own!"
This season's amazing. I'm so happy this didn't turn out to be a dud, because we probably would have never gotten an all-newbie season ever again if this turned out to be more like One World -- whenever Jeff is confronted in interviews about the lack of all-newbie seasons in years past, he's always used One World as an example of "why all-newbie seasons don't work." Luckily, he won't have that excuse anymore. Plus, like what everyone's been saying upthread, having all-newbies makes the bigger characters shine more for future All-Star seasons. I loved how randomly awesome last season was, but I think we're all still confused as to why Laura and Monica were ever casted. There's a lot of easy returnee picks this season, including comedy option J'Tia. I will say that, Monica/Laura aside (and :fuckoff: Rupert), I'm still impressed by the inspired returnee casting of last season.

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's a neat idea, but both Yul and Danni have openly said they won't do it again. I doubt you'd see Todd able to, either.

Yul changed his mind sometime in the past few seasons and would love to come back. He won a top-tier season that Probst/Burnett are in love with so I'm almost confident he'd be on the short list of any All-Star season. Danni's been a no since HvV when she was first invited, but Tom said the same thing for years until he showed up on HvV so here's hoping -- she's an extremely underrated winner who survived a chaotic post merge and took advantage of alliance fractures. It's a shame about Todd's situation; kid looked like he'd love to return and it'd be interesting to see him play with the inevitable Amanda/James duo again, but I'm not sure if medical would ever clear him.

• Locked thread