Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SinJin
Aug 2, 2008

Thrasophius posted:

Very true I never thought of it that way. drat just thinking about it that's pretty mild weather. So you have to pretty much look for the perfect sunny clear sky day for a jump then?

Not at all. Personally, I don't jump on days when the air is turbulent. Steady winds are a non-issue if you're in control of your situation. Ever watch the tree tops? If they are kinda shaking around I don't jump or if I see other jumpers' canopies shaking around and flexing. Most DZs will have wind speed limits and ground everyone based on wind speed and skill level.

I've seen turbulent air slam jumpers into the ground far too many times. Falling 20 feet to the ground takes the fun out of jumping.

Jumping "unintentionally" through clouds is awesome. During days with a heavy and solid cloud layer, we will resort to doing "hop 'n pops" from just under the cloud base. Well, as long as we can get above minimum opening altitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread