Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Thrasophius posted:

What are the oxygen levels like during the jump? I've suffered from aneamia so wondering if that would effect things at all.

I've only jumped once (from 10,500 feet/about 3200m) but you can tell that the air gets thin. It's not difficult to breathe or anything, but it's definitely noticeable. For anemia or something like that, I would ask your doctor- it would not be good to pass out on the way up (or on the way down!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Sounds like a variometer, which is basically used to measure vertical speed- it's used for gliders to find lift.

• Locked thread