Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Cool, a skydiving thread again :)

Ive been knocking around jumping for 15+ years and its pretty much what I do for a living. This year Im looking after the AFF school at my dropzone but I also do tandem, camera, rigging etc so any questions fire away.

(Great 1st post by the way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

From what I know, both have their problems and I agree that cypres is better at PR on smoothing over their issues than vigil. I don't like the fact that there's a 12 year life on the cypres 2, understandable on the 1 as it was a new design but on the 2 it shouldn't be necessary. I think of them both as very expensive boxes with flashy lights on that may or may not help - probably will do but it's not like you have a choice about using them at 99% of dropzones.

• Locked thread