Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Awesome. My avatar is actually me in muppet form skydiving. Submitted a picture of me from the first time I went into a thread here a while back and that's what came back.

First time I went was in Australia, on a complete whim. Somebody at work mentioned they were going, and one week later I found myself doing the exact same thing. Here's the shot from it (it's a fantastic location to do it...just look at that coastline...and the water is so beautifully blue in the Indian Ocean).

Landed right on the beach too. It was expensive as all hell, but everything else was being paid for by work while I was there, and it was my birthday, so I figured it was worth it.

I went again last year on the 4th of July, but this time just south of Boston.

I actually just started up a thread at work to try and get a larger group (about 8 people) to go with me this year. I want to continue the trend of going at least once a year. I might try to go a second time this year as well. My grandfather was in the Army Airborne and looked so happy and went straight into stories when he saw the video of my first jump. Still in good enough shape that a tandem could work out well for him.

Some people have tried to convince me to just go through the training and get my license. If I'm currently only planning on going 1-2 times a year, do you think that would be necessary or even a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

What pinpoint accuracy.

• Locked thread