Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Typical question- we've got a stash of whiskey that great-grandpa bought at Duty Free back around 1996 and never drank. Some of the bottles have cork damage, and some look like they have have been opened just once for tasting. Some are definitely still sealed.

How safe are the ones with damaged corks, how can I check, and what do you think about selling them as bottle keeps at my friend's lounge in a "Russian Roulette" kind of way? This is Japanese and whiskey is still very fashionable with old men. I checked Yahoo! Japan auctions to estimate some prices but not everything had a similar listing. My estimated roulette price in USD is listed.

1. Old Parr 750ml Fancy white box ($15)
2. King of Scots 17 years 700ml Fancy red box ($15)
3. CAMUS cognac Grand Master's Collection Michelangelo (book shaped ceramic decanter.) ($15)
4. CAMUS cognac Napoleon Vielle Reserve (book shaped ceramic decanter.) ($10)
5. Royal Salute 21 years ($20)
6. Royal Salute Chivas Brothers 21 years ($20)
7. Remy Martin XO special cognac ($50)
8. Glenfiddich maybe opened once ($10)
9. Dimple cute bottle ($20)
10. Wild Turkey Barrel Proof Bourbon 750ml ($30)
11. Yang Gui Fei shochu 750ml ($10)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

Given the poor storage conditions, damaged corks and several of them being open (!!!), I think the prices you have set are reasonable. I live in the United States and will buy them and pay for shipping. Let me know which ones are open, damaged, etc.

(Sucker, even with shipping, I'll be making off like a bandit! The CAMUS Michelangelo alone auctions for around $200)

Really????!!!!!!
I've sent the sealed Wild Turkey off as an experiment to my friend's hostess lounge, and will probably sell the iffy ones to a local Japan goon. Maybe I'll keep a kawaii bottle as a souvenir for display. Thx goons

• Locked thread