Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Keshik posted:

What does AQ stand for?
I believe it's a measure of your Star Citizen ACE PILOT Rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I feel it's important to mention in the OP that Constellations have a small snub-fighter they can launch, which makes it great for people with roomates or partners that they live and play with. ...and also is a unique and ridiculous mary-sue ability. And furthermore if anything is comparable to the Millennium Falcon, it's the Caterpillar. I'm being hyperbolic, but if you're actually super into Star Wars or the Millennium Falcon: an asymmetrical highly modifiable cargo ship with a less than stellar reputation, you're literally describing a Caterpillar in SC lore.

Unrelated I love our sprites and a big kudos to the Goon that made them!

I thought the Constellation was supposedly the Millenium Falcon equivalent? Caterpiller has been billed as a more aggressive ship for boarding actions.

EDIT: Ah nevermind I see the point you're making.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

:toot: happy to have this back, will make procrastinating all the easier.

So, some guy over on Reddit was going through the hangar modules .pak files and found some stuff:

• Hornet boot-up in 1080p - mp4

• Some Posters

• Targeting Visual

• Attitude/Distance

• Mobiglass Menu

• Very early FPS loadout

EDIT:

HUD Visor Mockup as well

Megabound fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 27, 2014

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
When's Manethos going to post his too-hot-for-you-know-where propaganda? I am excited to see.

Lokee fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 27, 2014

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is having spent close to 2000 dollors on this a sign of severe bowel congestion?

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?
Welcome back fellow spergs.

I'd love to see a more up to date fleet graphic once we have more up to date numbers.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:swoon: John Likens has been busy I see. Hopefully the lock percentage gets rounded off a little.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

:swoon: John Likens has been busy I see. Hopefully the lock percentage gets rounded off a little.

I hope it gets less noisy and more information. Currently everything seems to be in place because it looks cool, but the cool looking poo poo could be converted to some easy to digest graphical information and still look badass.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Which spergship will be the most powerful I wonder?! Also, would a crocodile beat a lion in a fight?

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014

Megabound posted:

I hope it gets less noisy and more information. Currently everything seems to be in place because it looks cool, but the cool looking poo poo could be converted to some easy to digest graphical information and still look badass.

There's a lot of information that is moving, it appears difficult to read the information while the target lock is moving around. Hopefully they would move it to a static dossier.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Yeah, the biggest concern is definitely the target lock at this point in time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Bets on when the dog fighting module will be released?

In one of his recent interviews Chris Roberts said maybe April.

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer
It is linked in Beer's post, but it is worth highlighting the newer of Parias' videos. The first one was in the last thread, but this one hasn't had nearly enough exposure. Pretty amazing piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGUYS1m5mY

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Ah, it's good to have a proper thread back.

AP posted:

Bets on when the dog fighting module will be released?

In one of his recent interviews Chris Roberts said maybe April.

That's the standard line, yes. I expect June.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cpt Underpants posted:

If you choose to join Goonrathi, many of us chill in our organisation's Jabber channel provided by the RSI website. You can access it via the web interface, or by joining the channel fljk with your favorite Jabber/XMPP client using these instructions after generating your XMPP 'token' (ie: a password) here.

If you are already on the Goonfleet or Word of Lowtax infrastructure, you can also join the sperg_citizen Jabber channel.

For general chat use #starcitizen on SynIRC. That's the best place to hang out. I don't know about SFD but Goonrathi isn't really going to use the RSI stuff all that much.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Cpt Underpants posted:

It is linked in Beer's post, but it is worth highlighting the newer of Parias' videos. The first one was in the last thread, but this one hasn't had nearly enough exposure. Pretty amazing piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGUYS1m5mY

Excellent video, I rather enjoyed the paint job of the ship that the goonrathi stole.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Those HUDs are looking pretty slick, hope they aren't too bloated though. I guess there will be an option to have a simplified HUD?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iw3xaQpQP0

AnythingFPS is so loving good.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Seriously. That account and Nooblets are excellent. Nooblets does mostly engineering/industrial design critiques, and both are great accounts to watch.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

If you're looking to be a "backer" of Star Citizen, I cannot stress this enough:

If you're unsure about which ship to get: Get the Aurora Package.

If you don't like the idea of dropping more than $35 on vaporware spaceships: Get the Aurora Package.

If you don't have a lot of money to burn: Get the Aurora Package.

If you are not a massive space-dogfight-trading nerd: Get the Aurora Package.

Every single ship in the game is purchase-able with in-game money.

There is significant risk this game is going to have terrible multiplayer and/or be a terrible MMO. Do not buy a ship thinking you're getting in on the ground floor of the next big MMO. Do not buy a ship thinking you'll be able to make a profit reselling it later.

Spend the money you normally would when you pre-order a massively hyped video game. NO MORE.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I got an Aurora package, is it worth spending any of the ingame money that came with it on weapons? I don't really see much point since we don't really know how good they'll be. Probably just gonna save to buy a ship with ingame money when it comes out.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

BurtLington posted:

I got an Aurora package, is it worth spending any of the ingame money that came with it on weapons? I don't really see much point since we don't really know how good they'll be. Probably just gonna save to buy a ship with ingame money when it comes out.

Don't spend any of your free in-game money. The weapons for sale are going to be obsolete very quickly when the game comes out, and are not insured, so when you get blown to bits, your weapons do too (Ships have insurance, and are replaced when destroyed).

Further, we don't know how much play-time that money represents. 1 hours play? 2 hours? 100 hours? Who knows. It will probably end up being a trivial amount.

Save that money for later, when they give us a reason to spend it.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

lauresh posted:

Excellent video, I rather enjoyed the paint job of the ship that the goonrathi stole.

I really hope in the full game we get to plaster all sorts of stupid poo poo on our ships. At the very least, custom emblems kind of like in Battlefield 4. I giggle when I see a goon with :smug: on his tank.

I absolutely love their constellation pre-flight checklist video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH0jbr6DjNo

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Lokee posted:

When's Manethos going to post his too-hot-for-you-know-where propaganda? I am excited to see.

Louisgod posted:

Don't even bring up those forums or any drama from them.

^This has me scared to post it. :ohdear:

E: In the meantime I'm working on some CPA propaganda.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

^This has me scared to post it. :ohdear:

We may run the risk of this thread being too sanitized :ohdear:

Good so we we have a new thread for the duration. Hopefully they relax the rules on selling/Buying/Trading ships to goons at cost or maybe we can have a link to a thread in the B/S/T forums with the same disclaimers as the original thread.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:
I think this game will be a wonderful experience for us all and I truly believe that Starfleet Dental will be the guild which provides hours of joyful entertainment and rule following in all forums because of the enormous respect we have for internet folks and the well-deserved and glorious power they possess.

I, for one, vow to provide illuminating forum dialogue, presented in strict MLA format.

I preemptively apologize for any displeasure this post has caused.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Godmode Enabled posted:

We may run the risk of this thread being too sanitized :ohdear:

Good so we we have a new thread for the duration. Hopefully they relax the rules on selling/Buying/Trading ships to goons at cost or maybe we can have a link to a thread in the B/S/T forums with the same disclaimers as the original thread.

If/When we have forums on RSI or as part of goonfleet.com, that would be the best place to set up a trading house.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I don't think it's very fair to the backers of this game to say in the title that Star Citizen is not real. People who argue it's not delayed but instead will never come out are just trolls and probably jealous of my new Constellation, a bargain considering how many pubby tears will flow from it.

Sixerfixer
Oct 13, 2013

I'm not going to try and sell you that three guys in the shed out back with a swinging light bulb and a bottle of SoCo is a model for responsible government. I'm just gonna say it works.
Thank the good lord Lowtax, a new thread.

Okay, I don't know who's responsible for it, but whoever is in charge of the FLJK organization page on the RSI site, you're a loving genius. The primary and secondary Org interests are "Social, Engineering." I honestly lost my poo poo at that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

crowfeathers posted:

I don't think it's very fair to the backers of this game to say in the title that Star Citizen is not real. People who argue it's not delayed but instead will never come out are just trolls and probably jealous of my new Constellation, a bargain considering how many pubby tears will flow from it.

I should clarify that it's not real in that it's a fake space game but you're right, it's also not real in that it's a thing you can't play, only argue about and throw money at.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Well then, how bout that faux spacegame where the Cutlass is the best ship because its faster than a hornet now. gently caress hornets, get sword!

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

THF13 posted:

There is no reason to get anything besides the Aurora package. If you decide you want something more expensive later you can trade in your aurora package towards a different one.
The Aurora is available in multiple packs, one which doesn't include the alpha/beta so make sure to get the one you want.

edit: This is the cheapest game package with the alpha and beta access, $40.
Apparently I spent $30 on this game back in April and bought a "Digital Scout - LTI" package, which includes an RSI Aurora MR. It doesn't say it includes Alpha or Beta access. Is the only way I can get that to spend another $40 (not happening), or is there some sort of separate alpha/beta package that I'm missing in the store?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BurtLington posted:

The only thing I spent my UEC on was fish, and that's because... well yay fish. You should definitely save your money and not get any of the weapons. We have no idea how much better they'll be than the baseline stuff. The only real upgrade I would consider is dropping another $5 for the Aurora LN package, because then you get two extra gun mounts.

Sixerfixer posted:

Thank the good lord Lowtax, a new thread.

Okay, I don't know who's responsible for it, but whoever is in charge of the FLJK organization page on the RSI site, you're a loving genius. The primary and secondary Org interests are "Social, Engineering." I honestly lost my poo poo at that.

:getin:

frood posted:

Apparently I spent $30 on this game back in April and bought a "Digital Scout - LTI" package, which includes an RSI Aurora MR. It doesn't say it includes Alpha or Beta access. Is the only way I can get that to spend another $40 (not happening), or is there some sort of separate alpha/beta package that I'm missing in the store?

Digital Scout - LTI should have included Alpha/Beta access. Go to your hangar and click on the arrow next to your package, it should show what it comes with. If it doesn't show alpha/beta access then you can probably contact CIG via customer service and ask them if it would be possible to upgrade your package to one that includes alpha/beta without losing LTI. They're incredibly accommodating and since you already have an LTI package it shouldn't be hard for them to fix it for you. You won't have to pay $40 to get access to the alpha.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 27, 2014

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

frood posted:

That should have alpha/beta access. Go to your RSI Hanger and then click the triangle to the right of the Digital - Scout package, it should list details of everything included.
Like so

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Does anyone have any links to the threads of the past? I love me some spaceship drama.

That lock HUD animation does look pretty cool.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Note: I obtained permission from Louisgod to post these. Remember, many goons died to smuggle these posters out so you could view them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

Note: I obtained permission from Louisgod to post these. Remember, many goons died to smuggle these posters out so you could view them.

This is quite possibly the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
There were two digital scout packages, one with alpha/beta, one without, which one you were able to buy depended on when you joined as a backer. Customer support might help as was suggested.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

rage-saq posted:

That should have alpha/beta access. Go to your RSI Hanger and then click the triangle to the right of the Digital - Scout package, it should list details of everything included.
Like so

Yeah I did that, that's how I knew I didn't get Alpha/Beta access. This is what I see:

I guess I'll email them and see what they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:
Holy poo poo. Those posters made me laugh.

Bravo, to whomever did the work.

• Locked thread