Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Star Citizen: Ships just got real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009
2 Patches, 1st is around 25 meg, 2nd is 10.5 gig.
Please let this game not suck.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Unable to load metafile

Repair is stuck.

Great start.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Wait, so has the DFM actually, legitimately dropped?

Christ, I'd been saving all these space bucks with the :smug:est of grins.

Welp

Time to splurge.

e: wait, in the trailer does that ship have a yoke? Hahaha, nope.

Pidgin Englishman fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 4, 2014

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
Cue the brown sea collectively clenching their sphincters in anticipation and letting loose a catastrophic monsoon of pure, poo poo-filled back lash when the game gives out due to millions of people simultaneously trying to jerk their e-peens over fake space ships.

I will be one of those people.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Patch is ginormous and will take at least an hour, so don't get too excited.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Patch notes/known issues for anyone who can't load RSI for whatever ungodly reason:

Global

- No way to easily distinguish dogfighting eligible ships from ineligible ones.
- There are multiple issues with the persistence system that can cause ship loadouts to not appear and bugs with the helmet in the hangar. Easy workaround for most issues is to - delete your “USER” folder inside the game client.
- Having multiple input devices connected (I.E. Joystick + Gamepad) will cause conflicts between the throttle settings when certain actions are performed like changing flight modes or receiving damage with hit impulses
- Hangar – Art – X55 debug text appears in key bindings menu
- Some combinations of computer hardware can sometimes experience graphical glitches and artifacts.
- Ship collisions with environmental objects needs tuning and refinement for proper damage attribution.
- All Maps – Gameplay / Weapons – The flare countermeasure doesn’t always cause missiles to miss and follow it
- Player cockpit animations and enter/exit animations still need some improvements
- Infrequent crashes still occur during gameplay in special circumstances and after extended periods of play
- Issues with scoreboard display when awaiting respawn or in 3rd person perspective.
- Radar and signature system still needs improvement for occlusion handling and a balance pass to increase the variability of radar effectiveness.
- When ejecting from the ship after the character pulls the ejection handle he tposes for a few frames before ejecting
- When ejecting at high speeds you go into the cockpit a little bit before impulsing up
- Particle effect remains indefinitely after gatling gun is destroyed
- Some users are reporting a bypassable “No Disk in Drive” error when updating
- Render thread spikes could cause performance issues
- Bitching Betty may announce ‘system overheating’ at incorrect times
- Missing chair whilst the player is ejecting in first person view
- Camera transitions between the three animation states of ejection have large glitching issues.
- Some foot IK animation errors when walking inside Constellation
- Camera spins wildly when third person is activated after ejecting
- On the Aurora the fixed weapon aiming reticule turns green when pointing directly at the target or behind the target’s direction
- Blacking out can happen too easily sometimes
- Buggy can sometimes slide around and flip over
- Buggy can sometimes not accelerate unless turbo is applied (Shift)
- Badger Repeater weapon geometry becomes offset when fired from the firing range
- Near impossible to navigate Arena Commander UI using Oculus Rift
- Some users can experience an issue of falling through the elevator floor when using lower spec machines
- The Outfit Changer has been temporarily disabled
- Clicking the launch button on the Arena Commander UI multiple times can cause undesired behavior

Vanduul Swarm

- All Maps – Vanduul Swarm – Gameplay – If pausing as the game loads into the level, the player will be left on a black screen indefinitely
- All Ships – Vanduul Swarm / DFM_Survival – Art – There is a green, occasionally graphically corrupt, bar present when the player kills an enemy
- Vanduul Swarm / DFM_Survival – AI – The Ai controlled wingmen are too quickly overheating their own Gatling guns to the point of destroying them
- Dying Star – Vanduul Swarm – Gameplay – Wave 7 didn’t spawn in during Vanduul Swarm (only once)
- No HUD element to show remaining lives

Free Flight

- All Maps – Freeflight – Gameplay – Difficult to get back onto the landing platform if running and jumping off it in EVA mode
- Landing gear will not deploy correctly when attempting to land on landing platform

Multiplayer

- Rarely the server will crash at the end of a round.
- Multiplayer synchronization issues still present under certain conditions
- Matchmaking and load balancing server technology still needs improvement to ensure fair matches and properly distributed player loads.
- Player is not told who killed them when killed in any game type
- Sometimes the client will crash on respawn
- Sometimes the client will crash on game join
- Sometimes the server will crash when two players slam into each other and both ships are fully destroyed.
- Both clients will crash if they crash into each other after the end of the round.
- Player is unable to respawn if flying through the map boundary while waiting for other players to join.
- Ship corpse can sometimes rubberband
- Multiplayer server crashes infrequently occur in particular situations based on gameplay.
- Low repro crash when you die in Multiplayer
- Server takes too long to realize a player has left/crashed. Can’t get back on until it has cleared
- Gatling guns destroy themselves after firing

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
This game sure is pretty.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Is it time?

Yes, I think it's time.

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

I decided to go to the Star Citizen forums for like the second time in two years.

This is an excerpt from a post in the first thread I looked at:

Mumbolian on the Star Citizen forums posted:

I don't really think it's the delays that are causing all the problems. It's the hype train that CIG keep building and then squashing.

It's like I said on reddit:

If a girl says to you "You might get lucky tonight ;)", it means you will. There is no "This isn't 100% clause".

:stare:

Rape, space sims, reddit.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Kazinsal posted:

Patch notes/known issues for anyone who can't load RSI for whatever ungodly reason:

Global
- Having multiple input devices connected (I.E. Joystick + Gamepad) will cause conflicts between the throttle settings when certain actions are performed like changing flight modes or receiving damage with hit impulses

I really hope that the game will work decently with joystick/pedals, I really can't play anything flight related using mouse and keyboard anymore.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Some new music to listen to while patching at least.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Memorize your field guide, troopers :patriot:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

The Monthly Report for May is up now, too.

Most of the banner images are background art, but one is a peak at the Retaliator and another.. looks like the Merchantmen? Scale doesn't seem right, but I'm perfectly down with how much rear end it's hauling and putting out.

Edit: Well, the source image of the banner art confirms it's the BMM. Those are some monstrous Class 5 turrets :stare:..

Isizzlehorn fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 4, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bozonofski posted:

2 Patches, 1st is around 25 meg, 2nd is 10.5 gig.
Please let this game not suck.

This happened to me when my antivirus ate the file the first time; I cleared everything and just went from scratch and the download's only about an hour and a half. Give it a try.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Good god, the launcher music sounds like Wing Commander opening music. :allears:

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Isizzlehorn posted:

The Monthly Report for May is up now, too.

Most of the banner images are background art, but one is a peak at the Retaliator and another.. looks like the Merchantmen? Scale doesn't seem right, but I'm perfectly down with how much rear end it's hauling and putting out.

Edit: Well, the source image of the banner art confirms it's the BMM. Those are some monstrous Class 5 turrets :stare:..

Don't just post the Banu art. Where's the source of the Retaliator? I can't find the full image :(

I gotta agree with Zeether, holy poo poo the patching music owns.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

Shalhavet posted:

Don't just post the Banu art. Where's the source of the Retaliator? I can't find the full image :(

I gotta agree with Zeether, holy poo poo the patching music owns.

Found it:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did the download stall for a bit for anyone else just now, or is my internet just poo poo?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ha now i will be playing it on my day off tomorrow and scream at how op fake ships are :v:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A good poster posted:

Did the download stall for a bit for anyone else just now, or is my internet just poo poo?

It's gone as low as ~100 kb/s for me, just gonna let it run overnight

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

Yeah, it's up and down for me. Sometimes 4MB/s, sometimes 200KB/s.

Every once in a while I tab back to listen to that music.
:allears:

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
Ready to Launch was up for a second now I have "Please Wait"

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Haha it gets stuck at the loading screen and no one's gotten it to work. Still not a real game!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

Ballistic Photon posted:

Yeah, it's up and down for me. Sometimes 4MB/s, sometimes 200KB/s.

Every once in a while I tab back to listen to that music.
:allears:

I'm done, and it's installing now. But I'm at work so I can't even listen to the music.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man that's what a scythe looks like? What an ugly piece of poo poo.

NostrilBreaker
Mar 8, 2014
It appears almost everybody is experiencing an infinite loading bug. (Including me)

Day 1 patch go!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've been playing this for a few hours, and I have to say, I'm having a terrible time. The boost physics are way off, and the laser combat is shallow at best.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

NostrilBreaker posted:

It appears almost everybody is experiencing an infinite loading bug. (Including me)

Day 1 patch go!

Where?

I just started it and it worked fine for me.

e. ok, hangs on loading the maps, I couldn't get that far on my vpn connection.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 4, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is it time for me to fax in my Quatloos now?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Wait wait, what's Arena Commander? Is it the DFM?

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
I've got a loading bug as well

Arena Commander is the in-universe game that you are "playing" when you play the DFM.

Seriously.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
CIG Forgot to Load in the Level Maps [Patch Incoming]

horns.aiff

Exioce posted:

Wait wait, what's Arena Commander? Is it the DFM?

Arena Commaner = Dog Fighting Module. It is the canon/lore name for the in-game flight sim/combat arena.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 4, 2014

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

drunkill posted:

That's hilarious, if true

And not surprising

Guess i'll wait to download until tomorrow.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

drunkill posted:

horns.aiff

Arena Commaner = Dog Fighting Module. It is the canon/lore name for the in-game flight sim/combat arena.

My god, there is no facepalm big enough

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
How did they forget the maps

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

drunkill posted:

This is absolutely loving hilarious. What a fantastic way to end this whole debacle. I keep watching people on Twitch go all the way through to try to load the game and then crash out repeatedly. Holy poo poo this game gives back.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Pathos posted:

This is absolutely loving hilarious. What a fantastic way to end this whole debacle. I keep watching people on Twitch go all the way through to try to load the game and then crash out repeatedly. Holy poo poo this game gives back.

Don't sorry, all my head movements are beautifully mapped, so at least there's that...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Thom12255 posted:

How did they forget the maps

Too busy counting money and streamlining their plans for eventual company-wide escape to Micronesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Speaking of counting money, they've been running $5000/hour, at midnight PST, since AC launch. I'm going to call the next 24 hours at over 150,000 as a huge number of people who were sitting on the fence pony up now that there's (soon to be) an actual thing to play.

• Locked thread