Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Natsume seemed like the only sane witch, which obviously could not stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
New chapter up!

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Oh hey, some actual plot development. Also remembered that Weekend was still alive.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
/blows dust off the thread

So the latest chapter as of this posting features the return of an old, dear friend, and indicates the upcoming return of another.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't really understand why those two were so mad at Takamiya while he was being moe to the max. Takamiya being moe is supposed to be their kryptonite.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Because they want him to call them cute, not a penguin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think anyone would ever call Kagari cute, in any situation.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

season 2 when?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

DrPaper posted:

season 2 when?

Based on the state and pacing of the manga, there might be enough material for a second season maybe a year from now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm just going to chime in to say I know literally nothing about this series but someone linked me that ending song once and it's sort of been stuck in my head ever since. I unironically love it. Does the rest of this series live up to that song?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The characters singing it are pretty great and are a fun hook info the show. They're not the focus, though, that's the duo of "strong protector to a princess" except the princess is a guy and his protector is the stoic most popular girl at school. Art style is pretty nice, and I found it an interesting enough show. I'd naturally say worth a three episode test.

Witch Team Rocket are still the best though.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

I don't think anyone would ever call Kagari cute, in any situation.

kagari is cute.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Inflammatory posted:

kagari is cute.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

graybook posted:

Witch Team Rocket are still the best though.

Dang I was hoping they were the main characters. Is the manga better or not? Might as well give it a shot.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Nuebot posted:

Dang I was hoping they were the main characters. Is the manga better or not? Might as well give it a shot.

The adaptation is really, really faithful, but over the span of material covered by the manga and the adaptation, the anime does give you a little more in the way of Witch Team Rocket. There are only a couple of things done out of order/omitted as I recall, and the end of the anime is also slightly changed because anime. Either way, nice art, worth a little shot, I figure.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

chumbler posted:

The flame buddies and Team Rocket are consistently great. One thing I've noticed is that the episodes follow a given chapter or chapters almost panel for panel, but I didn't remember the punishment room having any of that "Let me out, mama" stuff, and I couldn't find any traces of it from skimming over the relevant chapters. That kind of paints Kazane in a super bad light when she's really just supposed to be just a mostly comically terrible person.

Also they didn't use the best interpretation of the joke about Kazane: Dumbshoe Kazane.

i found the glod

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hey, there've been a bunch of developments, and a couple chapters recently upped!
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/witch-craft-works-r46
End of Chapter 50: oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• Locked thread