Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frost000
Jan 10, 2004

If for whatever reason you'll need to get a job in retail/service (even bar tending), knowing French will be a huge asset. You might be able to get by with a job in a more English-speaking area such as Westmount, but you're severely limiting your options. I had a friend from Vancouver who came to spend a year and she found it next to impossible to find work, until she got a job in a TV office (for English productions).

As for VFX work, do you have any company leads? I have a friend who does a lot of freelance VFX work to help him pay some bills while he isn't directing music videos and whatnot. I can look into things with him if you want and whatnot, since he seems to know all of the good artists at the bigger VFX houses on a first name basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frost000
Jan 10, 2004

BurtLington posted:

That would be great - I was at one of the big VFX houses in London who have an office in Montreal. They might have a position for me but I'm still waiting to hear from them. I'd definitely like to try and get straight back in to VFX when I'm over there so anything you can do would be very much appreciated.

MPC? I don't think I know anyone who works there, but I'll ask my friend next time I see him. Funny, I had actually visited their Santa Monica office a few years ago. I saw that they had some openings here as well and since I'm in between jobs, maybe I'll apply... Not for anything technical, though. I'm no VFX artist, unfortunately.

Looks like you don't have PMs here. Feel free to e-mail me at nicklacroix at hotmail dot com.

• Locked thread