Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

Also stuff like diagnosing common lens issues like hosed up oil on the aperture blades, fungus, coating marks, and what that means, etc.

Seconding this! Also, repairing bent/dented filter threads.

Saint Fu posted:

I've also always wanted a how-to video for remetering the XA to under expose by a stop - essentially shifting the ASA range from 25-800 to 50-1600. The ASA dial only goes to 800 so there is no way to push 400 speed film to 1600 being that it only has aperture priority. I think I remember Pompous Rhombus saying he had this done on his. Basically this.

Yep, that was me!

dukeku posted:

Any information on Pentax 67s or large format shutters (Copal) would be really appreciated!

I would love to see a P6x7 shutter servicing video, I bought one online and the 1/1000s doesn't work. I've got a set of Wiha tools (plus spanner wrenches for messing around with lenses) but have never tried working on a camera body before.

The internet would probably love to see one for Kiev's if he's ever worked on those, given how buggy they can be. Here's some text about Kiev 60's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread