Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I just want the non-movie stuff to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there's literally nothing stopping them

aers
Feb 15, 2012

the only thing stopping them is all of toei's good animators not wanting to work on dragonball tv

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I mean... The animation is bad at times, but fuckit, inbetween frames don't really count and the stationary shots look fine. What rubs me off is when I suddenly see a close-up with really thick lines, obviously coming from some other studio.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
My problem isn't the off-model stuff (though it is annoying) so much as the blatant attempt to animate as little as possible. Characters movements are stiff and twitchy, with a lot of looping animations and repeated frames. There's little to no animation of minor objects like hair and clothes waving in the wind or power-ups, and there's very little camera movement during a scene. It's fairly blatant that they're trying to save money by having as little movement as possible to keep original animation frames to a minimum. And it's only a matter of time before the CG models rear their ugly heads again. I won't be surprised if we never get a sequence like Goku vs. Cell or Goku vs. Kid Buu, or any other heavily animated fluid fights like that, ever again.

Others are still holding out hope, and I can't condemn that, but its plain to me that Super is another cash-in like GT that Toei cares little about because they know we'll all watch it anyways and buy merch no matter how much effort they put in. I hope to be proven wrong once they're out of the remix phase and launch into new material, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Sep 12, 2015

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
If they wanna save animation budget, I wanna see this, but with Vegeta and Trunks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FQjPUOCHXk

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

[...]and the stationary shots look fine.

They don't. It's like they don't acknowledge that HD TV is a thing and don't realize those ugly offmodel background characters are going to be bigger and more noticeable than they think.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

this is the anime equivelant of whitewashing hitler by bringing up stalin's murders

:godwin: in a thread about dragon ball z

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Augus posted:

:godwin: in a thread about dragon ball z

I'm surprised it took so long. :v:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Farecoal posted:

:laffo: at the fact he was supposed to be a main villain before toriyama's editor shut him down

There must be a universe out there where people constantly bring up Android 19 and how badass a villain he was.

Think about that for a second.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Justin_Brett posted:

There must be a universe out there where people constantly bring up Android 19 and how badass a villain he was.

"He was like Chaotzu, but fatter and more dangerous. So kawaai, desu." --- What people of hypothetical, Android-19-loving universe actually believe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Surprised DBM didn't create a universe where Gero didn't activate 17+18/Cell and defeated Goku.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Latest DBM story: What if Cooler was stronger than Freeza unlike the other way around?

My response: Who cares? Cooler is boring.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

"He was like Chaotzu, but fatter and more dangerous. So kawaai, desu." --- What people of hypothetical, Android-19-loving universe actually believe.

Dokkan battle must've come from that universe. I've rolled way to many 19s

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

this is the anime equivelant of whitewashing hitler by bringing up stalin's murders

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I imagine the bulk of these complaints are gonna go out the window once the show starts covering the new material exclusively

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I doubt it. Maybe people who are making actual complaints but the "DBZ was never like this and even if it was it was years ago and everyone know that's different" crowd won't ever actually be happy.

Esroc posted:

My problem isn't the off-model stuff (though it is annoying) so much as the blatant attempt to animate as little as possible. Characters movements are stiff and twitchy, with a lot of looping animations and repeated frames. There's little to no animation of minor objects like hair and clothes waving in the wind or power-ups, and there's very little camera movement during a scene. It's fairly blatant that they're trying to save money by having as little movement as possible to keep original animation frames to a minimum. And it's only a matter of time before the CG models rear their ugly heads again. I won't be surprised if we never get a sequence like Goku vs. Cell or Goku vs. Kid Buu, or any other heavily animated fluid fights like that, ever again.

Like this is above and beyond ridiculous and basically implies the person hasn't watch Dragonball Z outside of specific fight clips on Youtube since they were a kid. Nothing anyone can say or do will change their mind because what they actually want is an anime animated at high-quality at all times which isn't how 99% of shows work period, including the original Dragonball Z

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 12, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Covok posted:

Latest DBM story: What if Cooler was stronger than Freeza unlike the other way around?

My response: Who cares? Cooler is boring.

Meanwhile Buttlord Crush Saga had a pretty amazing update. :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

mimes are 60% as terrifying as clowns

Covok
May 27, 2013

Thyrork posted:

Meanwhile Buttlord Crush Saga had a pretty amazing update. :allears:

Mr. Huge responded pretty similar to Xander as A.Vegeta did to A.Trunks.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Android 19 was my favorite android, but that is mostly because I liked the Faulconer circus music that played when he was on screen.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

android 15 is the best android

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

soscannonballs posted:

Android 19 was my favorite android, but that is mostly because I liked the Faulconer circus music that played when he was on screen.

Right on brother. I even went out of my way in middle school to find the Android 19 action figure. Still have it somewhere.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Since alt universes are a thing now, does that mean all movies are canon now?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

dragon ball z is the coolest show in history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAYmZ32aRk

yamcha and krillin make a good team

Covok
May 27, 2013

quote:

Before I forget to mention it, saiyan is a rearrangement of the syllables that make up yasai, which means vegetable.

stealingCrossposting from Attack of Sayians LP.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Amorphous Blob posted:

Krillin can team up with anyone in the franchise, imho. The ultimate teammate

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it looks like todays fight was just a sparring/training match while goku gets used to super saiyan god

tomorrow is the real fight

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This episode was animated relatively well.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
DBZ had poo poo animation.

Super has poo poo animation.

Am I not allowed to say that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
For the record, if/when I complain about Super, this is coming from someone who thinks the DBZ anime was also a giant steaming pile not worth wasting time on.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How long you think it'll take before they go through the first two story arcs? Couple months? Tail end of the year?

I can't for the life of me watch the jap version, Goku's VA is like nails-on-a-chalkboard for my ears. A grown-rear end man should not sound like a prepubescent toddler.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Seek medical attention for the toddlers in your life; they should not sound anything like Goku.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole 100 episodes only gets us through both films.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Amorphous Blob posted:

Kid Buu can actually talk? I thought he only laughed and screamed like a psychopath.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I think Goku sounds fine, I have a much harder time to swallow the animation/voice of King Kai

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

Seek medical attention for the toddlers in your life; they should not sound anything like Goku.

Step off it, you know drat well what i'm talking about. No fully grown adult should sound like what they've put behind the mike.

Also holy poo poo their version of King Kai is atrocious, he sounds bored just being there.

White Light fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 13, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Quality guy Whis, looking after the kids like that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sharktamer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole 100 episodes only gets us through both films.

I'd be super surprised, considering this arc ends in episode 12, and Resurrection "F" doesn't have nearly enough content for 88 episodes.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Quality guy Whis, looking after the kids like that.

That was the best part of the episode. Whis just knew how to handle Pilaf and the others perfectly, and it was adorable. Then again, I guess Pilaf and Beerus aren't all that different, both are super-selfish, food-loving beings with egos as big as the entire galaxy. Whis has training with a far, far more dangerous version of Pilaf.

That said, the whole episode was pretty good. Goku was having the time of his life in the fight, and him giving back Beerus' blows to him was hilarious. That Super Saiyan God is actually proving useful instead of just missing every blow and accomplishing nothing like in Battle of Gods is an improvement, perhaps the first Super actually has done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
It's been 20 years of grandma Goku, right? I feel like people should have come to terms with it by now. It's fine. That's what Goku sounds like. It's fine.

Did it really come out that there are only 2 more episodes of BoG material? I can't wait. Give me Vegeta becoming a god and a Jaco putting around filler episode and I'll never think poorly of deathbed King Kai again.

• Locked thread