Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

ChronoReverse posted:

Clearly your power level isn't high enough XD

It was supposed to be 8000 but for some reason was translated as 9000

Wasn't it lip flap ADR reasons? I don't know the full Japanese sentence, but what I've heard is that 9000 fit Vegeta's mouth movements better or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Pretty sure Cell and Hercule have the same voices.

Cell is. Both times he was voiced by Damien Clarke. Hercule sounded the same, but I don't remember the name.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

I picture playing chess with Goku would be like the Simpsons scene where Homer slowly asks what each letter of VIP means in a loop except he gets stuck on the knight because he keeps getting distracted by thoughts of horse burgers.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Mister Roboto posted:

We'll finally see who Goku's mother is.

Given a history family resemblance, I hope she looks just like Raditz.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Zenzirouj posted:

Was that a mistranslation or popular rumor or something? It seems like I always heard conflicting accounts on whether she got turned back into a human or just had the dangerous bits removed. My memory on anything after Namek is comprised of jumbled bits of the scanlated manga, subs, and dubs.

The confusion may come from that the progression goes asking for 17 and 18 to be human, the dragon trying and then finding out he couldn't do it, then asking for their bombs to be removed which does work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Tae posted:

The best fight has to be Goku vs. Krillin.

This one's mine. There's a solid moment where there's no bells and whistles to their fight. They just brawl, and it feels good in a series that gets so ponderous about individual attacks. And the hits feel pretty good too, Krillin manages to legitimately out fight Goku before the lynchpin of his plan doesn't work. It's pretty good.

• Locked thread