Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

funkybottoms posted:

OP shouldn't it be over 9000 times?

Wow, pleb spotted. :getout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

Best battle? Goku vs. Heart Disease.

i cry erry tiem ;_;

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Saiyans are bullshit.

:shobon:

Just Saiyan'

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I remember reading that Akamatsu ended Negima because of a bill that Kodansha was trying to push that would have taken some kind of right away from the mangakas and given it to the publishers. Intellectual Property, maybe? I guess publishers are the same the world over. :shrug: It's definitely not as bad as comics over here in America, though. (Yet.)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

XboxPants posted:

New DBZ eps are gonna air early Sunday morning? Holy poo poo that's a big nostalgia trip.

Early Sunday as in around the 12am block.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm not really digging the episode overall. I mean some of the stuff was good, mostly the 30 second skit the Androids had and Cell telling Piccolo about his origins, but most of the jokes kind of fell flat for me and we sort of got psychopathic word emphasizing a lot from Freeza. I'm sure he'll come into his own more as it gets further, but right now it's an ehhh.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty hit or miss. The Yamcha joke was a huge hit, though. :drat:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

God Goku is a great user name.

mods, change my name to Godku

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, if I wish for the world's most comfortable pair of underwear, will the Dragon simply present me with a copy of the existing most comfortable pair of underwear on my planet, a pair of underwear that is some degree more comfortable than that, or a pair of underwear that is so perfect that it is and forever more shall be the most comfortable pair of underwear in the world?

Can Shenron create underwear so comfortable that not even Shenron could make underwear more comfortable than it?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

In what way could you possibly spend a ton of money on a live action DBZ movie that would be better than spending money on high-quality animation? :psyboom:

The only reason I can think of to do a live action movie is to get non-anime fans interested, but DBZ is already very popular so...

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

lol

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Covok posted:

Why do people want a Live Action DBZ? It is not something that translates well to it. Any attempts is going to look silly. Also, DBZ can only be taken so seriously before the act crumbles in itself and Toriyama knew that.

Yeah I agree, live action DBZ would be awful without a huge budget... and if you had that budget, you would be better off spending it on some awesome animation! Truly, this is God giving us a sign that anime is meant to stay in the one true realm--the realm of 2D.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Esroc posted:

Arcosian transformation is more like controlled mutation. Much like how a caterpillar will mutate into a butterfly to achieve flight, select Arocisans of the royal bloodline can mutate their bodies to accumulate more strength and ki.

The "first" form is the natural state for the Arcosian species and the form most of the species is stuck in for the entirety of their lives, but those with royal genetics can willfully enter a state of metamorphosis that twists their body into a new form with ever increasing power as they ascend upwards in stages of mutation, opening up their bodies to accept more ki. Theoretically there is no upper limit to these forms. One could wager an royal Arcosian with enough training and willpower could push their bodies to God-like levels of power. This is why Arcosians are presented as rival "brothers" and analogues to the Saiyans, they both have the same potential for power via mutation and transformation respectively. However the royal Arcosians successfully kept the Saiyans weak for millenia and thus had no need to attempt a mutation beyond the 4th and 5th tiers of their power. This makes sense, as going beyond the 4th form would make it highly unlikely for the Arcosian to assimilate into physical society very well. A single errant sneeze could lay waste to a city, after all.

Freeza is a special case in that unlike the rest of his royal family, he adopts the form of his lowborn brethren. However, this makes a kind of sick sense when you look at Freeza's personality. He revels in sadism and destruction, and is the most powerful of his species (including Cooler! But we'll get to that). Why not lower yourself to the primitive body of your subjects and sow rumour of your awesome power despite your lowborn appearance? It would be frightening to look upon your prince, who looks just like you, and knowing that at any moment he could unleash hell like a natural disaster given flesh. And it opens opportunity for subjects to question the power of their dear leader, who will then gladly demonstrate.

Cooler remains in his 4th form due to an amusing inferiority complex. You see, due to Cooler arriving on Earth within the first year or so after Trunks' arrival, when he and Goku fought Goku could not have been much more powerful than he was when he fought Freeza . A being who was able to, at least for a little while, stand toe to toe with a very angry Super Saiyan. Cooler, on the other hand, while in his 4th form barely equals to Goku in his base form! Already Cooler, for all his pompous bragging, has proven himself to be weaker than his own brother. Thus in a move of desperation he pushes himself to a new tier, a 5th form. Why look daddy! I've pushed past even Freeza's forms! Look at me! Look at me! Except that in Cooler's 5th form he is torn apart by a Super Saiyan with little effort. The same Super Saiyan that Freeza fought to a near standstill in only his fourth mutation!

Cooler is a jealous, angry sibling that is hurt that Freeza has surpassed him so completely that even by breaking the known limits of the royal bloodlines power isn't enough to rival his own baby brother.

wow

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I didn't get to watch much DBZ when I was a kid because my family didn't have cable TV (my parents wanted me to play outside!) but one of my friends at school told me all about it. I lived vicariously through him! The Budokai and Budokai Tenkiachi games rocked.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I love the karaoke graphics with the Dragon Balls colliding in the middle of the screen and then exploding.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Krillin is the strongest human, get hosed Tienailures. :smug:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Aurain posted:

Yeah, very much agreed, the problem is that it gets dragged out a bunch even in Kai and when something is meant to be annoying "ironically", so to speak, it stops being ironic and starts being just genuinely annoying.

This is how I feel about your posting.

jk, i love all adtrw posters

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

what if their fusion fused with gotenks' fusion :eyepop:

What would happen if in Dragon Ball Multiverse Gogeta used the potaras with Vegito? :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Were is this from?

C'mon man, it has a url right there!

• Locked thread