Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Android 18 beat Vegeta! She's technically human I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

AlternateNu posted:

She didn't become a human again until after the Cell Games, and they wished for her to turn back into a human. She was (more or less) a cyborg before that.

We never do see just how far Gero had to modify 17 and 18 or how much of their bodies remain flesh, but 18 was human enough to have babies and to fuse with Cell (Cell couldn't absorb 16 because he was just a robot). She's just as human as Tao Pai Pai.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Captain Quack posted:

To whom and why Frieza was selling the planets? Why would he need to sell planets to begin with? If he needs money or technology he could just go there and take it.

I imagine Frieza actually enjoyed being top businessman. It was his little hobby. Sure, he could muscle the galaxy into submission by himself but I think he might have considered that cheating. He wanted to rule an empire, not be space-Godzilla.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

crikster posted:

And people on the internet say to stay away from Kai because you miss so much.

Keep in mind that a LOT of people's only exposure to DBZ Kai was when it aired on Nickelodeon with tons of edits and censorships, unaware that it aired in Japan first. These are the same people that claimed Nickelodeon "cancelled" DBZ Kai after the Cell saga because it sucked so much. The uncensored version of Kai keeps everything important in tact.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Chi Chi fell in love with and demanded to marry a martial artist who cared about nothing other than travelling the world fighting strong guys. Goku had no idea what "marriage" or a "wife" were, and even after he explained that, and he agreed to marry Chi Chi only because he made a promise, Chi Chi still married him and tried to tie him down as a family man.

He's a member of a race bred and programmed to fight, sent to Earth to fight, raised as a child by a fighter, trained by several of the Earth's best fighters, and fought some of the Earth's OTHER best fighters. Then everyone's surprised that in his adult life he continues to fight.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Dabura is a super cool villain and deserved more than the two episode's worth of attention he got. He had a ton of cool powers and a respectable amount of strength, but unfortunately he got sidelined due to Buu being the ultimate goal and the insane power gain of the main characters. I feel as though he should have had an arc of his own earlier in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Vegeta being stronger than Goku is pretty much the wish of a great number of fans as well as the animation teams. It's the reason why they added filler in the Buu Saga where Vegeta gets to beat up Goku as well as Vegeta getting a super out-of-nowhere boost to surpass Goku in BoG.

It's appreciated fanservice but fanservice nonetheless. I don't like SS3 very much though (except in Fusion Reborn because it was a nice fight) so I like that Vegeta took regular Super Saiyan (I honestly feel SS2 is still a regular Super Saiyan compared to the freak transformation SS3 is) to a higher level, one-upping Goku using Goku's own method from the Cell Games.

My pet theory is that Super Saiyan 3 is NOT the natural follow-up to Super Saiyan 2. It's some weird freakish side effect state caused by an intentional massive power output.

Both Super Saiyan 1 and 2 are attained by fits of rage or frustration. I think the ACTUAL Super Saiyan 3 would be attained the same way, and I think Vegeta touches on this state in BoG when he flips out over Bulma. I don't think there's ever been a non-transformation power jump as large as going from SS2 to stronger than SS3.

• Locked thread